Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calling Jack Straw and all those "In the know"

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
The works are fronting Village Way, and are significant engineering works requiring the removing of a large lump of ground (currently a grass mound) and so will definitely need planning permission.

I was very (very) obivously referring to the works inside the stadium. :dunce:

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
Calling Jack Straw

I think these are the relevant pieces you want.

Drawing(s)-4198690.jpg
Drawing(s)-4185175.jpg
Drawing(s)-4198693.jpg
Drawing(s)-4198705.jpg
Will only let me load 4 images at a time.
See following posts.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
All that just for some sh!t houses. ( you can take that to be Sky if you want)

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Did I imagine it or is there further work going on inside the stadium? I've convinced myself there was going to be another TV gantry in the SE corner?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Did I imagine it or is there further work going on inside the stadium? I've convinced myself there was going to be another TV gantry in the SE corner?

Seen some pictures (poss on twitter ?) of new TV camera spots being built (looked like partly below pitch level in the NW corner perhaps ?). Might book a stadium tour to see what's going on [emoji106]

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill
The work outside, adjacent to the coach park, is to remove the smaller existing outside broadcast cabinets and house the electronics from these and new additional electronics into a new larger outside broadcast building. This will be used for Sky, BT Sport and anyone else wanting to broadcast to the UK, the Far East and the rest of world. Under PL rules the club now have to provide toilets and a lift solely for the use of the outside broadcast units. There will be a new lounge area in the SE corner which will incorporate a new live broadcast studio.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
There will be a new lounge area in the SE corner which will incorporate a new live broadcast studio.

This is the bit I am most interested in. Surely a new lounge area and broadcast studio will improve the look of the SE corner which looks a tad unfinished and sparse..

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Meanwhile, Premier League club Crystal Palace’s plans to redevelop its home ground, Selhurst Park, are being held up by the local Sainsbury’s supermarket’s high prices to buy the extra land.

But they spunk shitloads on players and wages, it really does show their ambitions regarding that wooden hut of a ground.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
But they spunk shitloads on players and wages, it really does show their ambitions regarding that wooden hut of a ground.

But when they do that, they're trying to guarantee PL football and therefore the income (profit) it guarantees. If they don't spend it, they are less likely to stay up and therefore lose that money, and therefore never have any means of improving their ground short of a rich benefactor (thank you Tony)

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
I guess a small lounge (and it would be small ! ) with seats outside,like the south stand in that corner would over the years ,earn more money than just seats alone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here