Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Maenpaa set to sign on - Reports

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I don't think Maenpaa signing on, is at all positive. He must be on a really low wage to need to resort to that. Hard times indeed.

Foolish...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Walton is being nurtured as a future Albion #1 but will surely be loaned out again this season
With Maenpaa (if this report is correct) and Stockdale /A.Nother as #1&2

Agreed...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Well, I hope it's true... he has not let us down when called upon IMHO...

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I don't think Maenpaa signing on, is at all positive. He must be on a really low wage to need to resort to that. Hard times indeed.

Maybe you could be wrong and the deal is a decent one and he would rather play in the Premier League, one good season and he could end up at another Premier League club.

Foolish...
The top post is just a 'joke' about 'signing on'.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Maybe he is staying as thinks he might be the number 1? Haven't seen enough of him to know how good he is.
He'll be staying because he knows he'll be just one injury to the number 1 keeper from having a run of games playing in the PL, and enhancing his reputation and career.

Great news for the albion that he's staying - Let's now get the confirmation on the official site asap please albion.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Blimey, that takes me back. Just looked him up. Currently coaching for Cambridge City.

A bright light in an otherwise deeply depressing downward spiral.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Good news. Based on the few games we've seen him play I think this guy is very good with a seriously strong technique. He should never have been dropped away at Reading to let Stockdale back in (to cost us a goal within 20 minutes).

Within two minutes.
As soon as Stockdale misjudged Swift's freekick, I turned to friends and said I would like to see Maenpaa given a run in the side but it would never happen, as Stockdale is bullet-proof. DS made further mistakes in the next two games, costing goals, but sure enough, retained his place.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Well?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Within two minutes.
As soon as Stockdale misjudged Swift's freekick, I turned to friends and said I would like to see Maenpaa given a run in the side but it would never happen, as Stockdale is bullet-proof. DS made further mistakes in the next two games, costing goals, but sure enough, retained his place.

Were you expecting him to save Shelvey's free kick or something?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here