NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What's most telling about that document is that it's a political publication at election time yet the person(s) / organisation doesn't publish their name and postal address as is required by law for that type of publication.

Can always rely on the Tories and their fans to remind us of the importance of abiding by correct legal procedures at election time :rolleyes:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
What's most telling about that document is that it's a political publication at election time yet the person(s) / organisation doesn't publish their name and postal address as is required by law for that type of publication.

If I wrote 'Vote Lib-Dem' in felt tip on the wall of a bog would I have to inform whomever it is of my name and address?

Genuine question, I've got a felt tip and a bog in my immediate vicinity and I don't want to get in trouble.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
If I wrote 'Vote Lib-Dem' in felt tip on the wall of a bog would I have to inform whomever it is of my name and address?

Genuine question, I've got a felt tip and a bog in my immediate vicinity and I don't want to get in trouble.

Genuine answer ..... of course f**k**g not !!!!!

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
Is my scruffy handwriting not a political publication if I'm writing political statements?

No, I'm sure your handwriting is lovely. It would be more that people would laugh at your statement 'Vote Lib Dem' and not take it seriously ..... especially if they were Albion supporters.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
No, I'm sure your handwriting is lovely. It would be more that people would laugh at your statement 'Vote Lib Dem' and not take it seriously ..... especially if they were Albion supporters.

Good enough for me! If anyone needs me, or my felt tip, I'll be in the bog.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Your vote only counts if it is cast for a party with some chance of success otherwise it is a complete waste.

this is a terrible attitude that amounts to "your vote is wasted if you didn't vote for the winner".

It's not yet election time. All that has happened is that a woman who lives in Westminster has spoken into a microphone.

There are a number of processes to go through before the election officially starts.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Women went to prison and some died so that I could have the freedom to vote. I will always use my vote. As it is, I live in a marginal constituency so every vote does count.

If you don't vote, you can't complain of what you get. I actually think it should be compulsory, as it is in Australia.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
If you don't vote, you can't complain of what you get. I actually think it should be compulsory, as it is in Australia.

I agree people have fought to have the right to vote but that includes the right not to cast a vote ( as happens in Parliament when MPs abstain ). The right goes both ways. If I feel there is nobody worth voting for then I shouldn't be forced to go and spoil my ballot paper .... it is my right to vote or not to vote.

EDIT - I've always voted in council, GE and European elections BUT I refused to vote in the PCC elections as I thought they were wrong, a waste of money and made the police even more of a political football. Should I be fined for not casting a vote in that election ?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
No matter what the turnout to vote is the percentage will always be the same.

Brexit was so close it could have also been decided by monkeys choosing a preference between bananas and oranges.

But now it turns out that the banana could have been hard, or soft, or in between. However Mrs Monkey is now off securing the best banana for us all, however many of the monkeys still prefer home grown bananas and don't want overseas bananas imported unless they are grade 1 bananas.

Meanwhile everyone who prefers an orange has been told that oranges are off the menu now, and its bananas only and if you dare mention that you still prefer oranges you are branded as a blasphemer and must be forced feed bananas until you like them.

On a serious note is 100 or 1000 monkeys enough for statistical validity, as I would suspect not.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

If we give a thousand monkeys the choice of a banana, an apple or an orange to discover what monkeys preferred, the percentage result will be the same as just using one hundred monkeys or a million monkeys.

If it’s a choice between just a banana or an orange the results will probably be about 50 50 no matter what the turnout was. Brexit was so close it could have also been decided by monkeys choosing a preference between bananas and oranges. If monkey had a choice of banana or a potato there would be a clear winner. 48% to 52% though is just a flip of a coin and is meaningless.

If all the apathetic people chose to vote, the results would still be the same as if they didn’t, so it’s better to join the apathetic party rather than play the monkey.
The British public are worse than monkeys. Monkeys wouldn't vote believing they'd be giving a basket full of fruit after, they're too clever for that, the public on the other hand..

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

bernster

Sep 5, 2012
ye olde east sussex
Women went to prison and some died so that I could have the freedom to vote. I will always use my vote. As it is, I live in a marginal constituency so every vote does count.

In a free society you should have the right to vote but not be obliged to vote.you even allude to that in your post.the freedom to vote,I don't want to be forced into the booth to vote for people I don't agree with what's democratic about that?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
In a free society you should have the right to vote but not be obliged to vote.you even allude to that in your post.the freedom to vote,I don't want to be forced into the booth to vote for people I don't agree with what's democratic about that?

I've spoilt my paper in the past because I didn't like any of the candidates, but still made the effort.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

If we give a thousand monkeys the choice of a banana, an apple or an orange to discover what monkeys preferred, the percentage result will be the same as just using one hundred monkeys or a million monkeys.

If it’s a choice between just a banana or an orange the results will probably be about 50 50 no matter what the turnout was. Brexit was so close it could have also been decided by monkeys choosing a preference between bananas and oranges. If monkey had a choice of banana or a potato there would be a clear winner. 48% to 52% though is just a flip of a coin and is meaningless.

If all the apathetic people chose to vote, the results would still be the same as if they didn’t, so it’s better to join the apathetic party rather than play the monkey.

That depends upon whether you think the most important thing is that your individual voice is heard or whether (like me) you see it in terms of your contribution to society. If the latter then what you get from the process is less important than what you give and taking part in the communal process of voting is one way you can contribute to civic society.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I agree people have fought to have the right to vote but that includes the right not to cast a vote ( as happens in Parliament when MPs abstain ). The right goes both ways. If I feel there is nobody worth voting for then I shouldn't be forced to go and spoil my ballot paper .... it is my right to vote or not to vote.

EDIT - I've always voted in council, GE and European elections BUT I refused to vote in the PCC elections as I thought they were wrong, a waste of money and made the police even more of a political football. Should I be fined for not casting a vote in that election ?
I got torn apart for not voting! I should be given respect for not lowing myself to pick between 2/3/4 evils just for the sake of it

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
That depends upon whether you think the most important thing is that your individual voice is heard or whether (like me) you see it in terms of your contribution to society. If the latter then what you get from the process is less important than what you give and taking part in the communal process of voting is one way you can contribute to civic society.

I have no problem with people who feel inspired to vote for whatever reason and I would encourage it. In fact it makes it easier to be apathetic to it all, with people like yourself who have an illusion of steering the country in a chosen direction.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
the only time in my life my vote has counted was when I voted to leave the EU,living in Worthing a dog turd with a blue rosette would get voted in.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here