Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls Player

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
I've not indulged since the dark days of Sami's reign *shudder* but want to now and have a couple of questions:

Has the service improved?

Will it be worthwhile signing up now for £4.99 in the knowledge it will increase next season?

Do the Premier League eve have a similar arrangement to that of the EFL or does eet get complicated by us being promoted?

Any ideas?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Don't bother. Just cancelled mine as Barber has new plans for an alternative. To be honest i enjoyed Seagulls player.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I get a little miffed that they put so much of the content on YouTube for free, but as someone that lives overseas, it is invaluable. For me, I rarely have any problems with it, and for the price it's a no brainer (especially if you sign up for 12 months)

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
I guess a lot of the press conferences and interviews will be on Sky, and highlights of the games will be readily available online and on tv.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
What you get which you can't get anywhere else:

- 1 or 2 press conferences before every game. Usually 7-12 minutes long. Always one from CH, often one from a player too
- Match commentary which you can't get online anywhere else.

What you get which you can get everywhere else
- Highlights (better quality on YouTube)
- Post match interviews - always on BBC Sussex's Audio Boom site

I like the fact that it's all in HTML 5 now which means you can play it on pretty much any device. I often catch up using the web browser on my tv which is nice.

But now we're going into the PL, it'll all be change. So don't subscribe now is my advice.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

- 1 or 2 press conferences before every game. Usually 7-12 minutes long. Always one from CH, often one from a player too

I like the fact that it's all in HTML 5 now which means you can play it on pretty much any device. I often catch up using the web browser on my tv which is nice.

But now we're going into the PL, it'll all be change. So don't subscribe now is my advice.

I really like been able to log into other clubs player and listen to there game commentary. Done that a few times recently.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I guess the other question is, whether anyone subscribed to Player will be grandfathered into the 'new' version (whatever that is) and if old content will remain etc - i can see us not moving across for a while.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow

How comprehensive, thanks for taking the time!

Will wait and see then I think.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I get a little miffed that they put so much of the content on YouTube for free, but as someone that lives overseas, it is invaluable. For me, I rarely have any problems with it, and for the price it's a no brainer (especially if you sign up for 12 months)

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

I don't think you can at the moment - Seagulls Player - can't re-subscribe

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
The free highlights on youtube are nowhere near as good as the multi cam highlights that go on after game. Personally I think it's worth having.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Don't bother. Just cancelled mine as Barber has new plans for an alternative. To be honest i enjoyed Seagulls player.

If this is true, how much is it likely to be & when will it come into fruition?
I've always found SP adequate enough.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The free highlights on youtube are nowhere near as good as the multi cam highlights that go on after game. Personally I think it's worth having.

100% this. For the modest cost Player has been pretty good value. Love the full press conferences and extended highlights, plus the ability to dip into other teams that use player. Less than a quid a week.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
100% this. For the modest cost Player has been pretty good value. Love the full press conferences and extended highlights, plus the ability to dip into other teams that use player. Less than a quid a week.
Me too. Also enables (currently) the ability to listen live (well, live-ish) to the BBC Radio Sussex commentary worldwide. I've used it without issue or faff in a number of different countries. Technically it seems a lot better now too. The press conferences can be pretty interesting (particularly the players, who are often a little less polished at giving the "right" answers, going off the script a little) and the highlights are great. Even better than C5's coverage (thank the lord we'll not have to suffer that next season!!!).

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Me too. Also enables (currently) the ability to listen live (well, live-ish) to the BBC Radio Sussex commentary worldwide. I've used it without issue or faff in a number of different countries. Technically it seems a lot better now too. The press conferences can be pretty interesting (particularly the players, who are often a little less polished at giving the "right" answers, going off the script a little) and the highlights are great. Even better than C5's coverage (thank the lord we'll not have to suffer that next season!!!).

Sorry yes forgot the overseas bit. I've listened to a few games when working abroad this season and it's always been fine. Worth the subs for that alone.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Sorry yes forgot the overseas bit. I've listened to a few games when working abroad this season and it's always been fine. Worth the subs for that alone.
Some of the internet radio things I've found a real faff or really hit/miss. There was one I was trying recently which said it was BBC Sussex but was actually Norfolk or somewhere... The SP takes away all that hassle. For me, as you say Dazzer, worth the subs for that alone...

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
Looks like we're coming of Seagulls Player now.
09f19531f01f392829ce3209f8de57e1.jpg

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here