Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pitch Invasions at Northampton and Doncaster

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Officially...the club HAS to tell us not to invade the pitch. Unofficially, I'm sure they won't give a stuff! QUOTE]

They really will give a stuff because:
a) for the reasons PB outlined it could harm the pitch with a title still to play for.
b) for players, being in the middle of a pitch invasion is not enjoyable - there's always someone trying to rip off bits of their kit and they get manhandled to a point that's not much fun in the end... hence, why they always leg it.
c) they're thinking about all the fans being able to enjoy the moment. Not just the ones able enough, and in a position, to run on to the pitch.

I bet you're a wow at parties.

"No, no, I shan't be drinking tonight because some people here are not able to drink I and I don't wish them to feel left out".

I'm afraid it's one of those occasions where the boring can go stuff themselves. you clearly have no sense of occasion. Stay home if I were you.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I bet you're a wow at parties.

"No, no, I shan't be drinking tonight because some people here are not able to drink I and I don't wish them to feel left out".

I'm afraid it's one of those occasions where the boring can go stuff themselves. you clearly have no sense of occasion. Stay home if I were you.

This 100%.

ON THE PITCH ON THE PITCH ON THE PITCH.

It's lucky the people who didn't want anyone to ever go on the pitch in the Goldstone days were overruled, or we may not even have a club today. Different situation, I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
This 100%.

It's lucky the people who didn't want anyone to ever go on the pitch in the Goldstone days were overruled, or we may not even have a club today. Different situation, I know.

I imagine he's like the posh couple that sat behind me at Withdean most matches and thought they were at "rugger" match.

"Come on Boys, come along now, that's it boys, that's it, that's the way".

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
In fairness [MENTION=2095]Commander[/MENTION] IS a sanctimonious prick, so no harm done :thumbsup:

True. But it was an unfair accusation this particular time.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
This 100%.

Not that different though. A mob of old North Standers descending from WSU into the 1901 Club and kicking the doors in would send a timely reminder to Bloom and Barber about how this club belongs to the hardcore of fans. I was in the centre circle against Lincoln and no-one's telling me what might be best in the interests of the club and the majority of fans...

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Not that different though. A mob of old North Standers descending from WSU into the 1901 Club and kicking the doors in would send a timely reminder to Bloom and Barber about how this club belongs to the hardcore of fans. I was in the centre circle against Lincoln and no-one's telling me what might be best in the interests of the club and the majority of fans...

I think TB might have the moral high ground here.......

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Apparently this lot have been inundated with enquiries from over 40's West Upper STH.

http://www.thehatt.co.uk/adventures/abseiling-courses.php

These. We need these. They're even in the right colours :lolol:

slide.jpg

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Genuine question: How much actual damage would 5,000 + fans running around on the pitch for 15 minutes do?

If we do gain promotion against Wigan, there is every chance there will be still be the Championship trophy to play for against Bristol City.

Don't get me wrong. I'm on the pitch with everyone else. I just want to know how guilty i should feel after.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Genuine question: How much actual damage would 5,000 + fans running around on the pitch for 15 minutes do?

If we do gain promotion against Wigan, there is every chance there will be still be the Championship trophy to play for against Bristol City.

Don't get me wrong. I'm on the pitch with everyone else. I just want to know how guilty i should feel after.

Minimal damage, if any. Unless you plan on digging chunks out the turf.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
....the best pitch invasion by Brighton fans was at Chesterfield when we were promoted many years ago. ( 1990's?)

I have never seen a opposition stand clear so quickly.

Not that I am condoning that sort of behaviour, it was awful and terribly anti-social...but hell it was funny!

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
....the best pitch invasion by Brighton fans was at Chesterfield when we were promoted many years ago. ( 1990's?)

I have never seen a opposition stand clear so quickly.

Not that I am condoning that sort of behaviour, it was awful and terribly anti-social...but hell it was funny!

1977?

I remember it well - I went on the pitch - as you say the home end emptied as Brighton fans went in after them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here