14th West Ham
15th Bournemouth
16th Crystal Palace
17th Hull
---
18th Us
19th Newcastle
20th Hudds/Leeds/Reading/Sheff Wed/Fulham

Look at that list of teams. Do many of them really shit you up? Really? I think our current squad would make a decent fist against that lot, so with sensible summer spending I really do think we'd have a decent chance of staying up. Don't buy this "we'll be hammered every week" nonsense. Sure, 1 or 2 4-0s from a mega bucks club, can handle that.

That's effectively a mini league of 13 where we have to make sure we finish at least 10th. No reason we can't do that.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
No. If you were a realist you would be stating facts, but you have just plucked 60% out of thin air.

Sad as I am, I have done some research on how many clubs get relegated the season after they get promoted to the prem.
This was after the 2013/14 season: Since the start of the Premier League there have been 62 promotions from the Championship and of those 62 promotions, only 27 were relegated in their first season - 44 percent.
In 14/15 2 went down, 15/16 it was 1 and this season it will probably be 1 (Borough) and possibly 2 (Hull). If Hull do go down, it makes the total of teams that have gone down the season after promotion to the prem would be 45%

Top your glass up mate, you have a (slightly) better than evens chance that we'll be in the PL for at least 2 seasons.

and may i add that we are also 99.5% promoted !

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
the thunderc**tery from some on this board knows no bounds.......we have just opened up a massive gap and like it or not it looks very likely that we are going to be promoted.......i , for one am buzzin' , for the last six weeks all my pals have been saying we are as good as up but i have been very reluctant to say openly that we are going to be promoted............we are virtually up lads and lasses........put a smile on your dial...:thumbsup:

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I think that at least half of the Sky money will be paid back to TB as part payment for his loans to get us where we are.
The rest of the money will be used to try and consolidate our position in the league, the same for the second season and eventually TB will be paid off and the club self sufficient with TB employed as chairman.
Don't forget that all the finances that he has supplied have been referred to as investment loans.
If this comes to fruition then the club would be in an even better position.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Of course not

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
There are around 8 teams we could beat in the premiership with our current squad, maybe more if we got them on the right day.

It used to be 40 points to stay up but 35 may do it now. 17th will be fine for me

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
F.....g great we`re going up......Watching top sides next season, However unless we do a Leicester, gotta be favourites for relegation....What is needed to stay up. Tony has put £250m in. Can Sky money keep us up.
Or what can keep us up ???

Was that when they first went up,or was that last season's let's spend £50M and destroy the team.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I would suggest that we are better placed to stay up than some other teams that have been promoted recently. This is on the basis that we already have an excellent stadium and training ground so there is no need to spend any of the TV money on improving these.

The money can be used to bringing in the right players to improve the squad but to maintain the togetherness than is currently there. Yes TB may well want to recover some of his investments but we will have a competitive squad in place.

Much will depend on injuries to key players and how the fixtures fall.

However I don't see any need to jettison CH regardless of where we are in the PL as he has PL experience and will know that next season will be a point at a time and slowly building towards 40 points and how quickly we get there.

If the worse does happen, the CH has a proven record of getting teams out of the Championship so still no need to replace.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
How on earth do we know ?

We'll bring in players to replace the returning loanees and some of the out of contracts...

Unless we know who the 7-9 new players will be, we have no idea how we'll do next year.

This - ****ing stupid thread

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here