Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Booing Akpom

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Should never get in our squad again after that. Disgusting lack of effort. Might as well stick one of our kids in. Didn't boo him though.
This. Really think that was his last chance, as far as a start goes anyway, and hopefully even the bench.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
So many ****ing morons booing a young lad off the pitch. West stand upper block H is great for morons but today a well known moron boos him off, making a wanker sign and we all turn around and look at him he says 'what do you think he played well then?'.
All of us in that area know he's a moron but today is a different level. We all know him right? Dark sun glasses today, in his fifties. Called him out last season and bottled running behind th.e stewards after the game. I'm with my kids every week so can only challenge him when my wife takes them away but this guy is a ****ung idiot.

I use to sit there. There was a hater who had it in for most of our foreign players. To his mind he was also a expert tactician, calling angrily for ours player to "play down the channels" etc.

He took it too far calling Lopez a c**t, in front of kids. He disappeared that half-time, not to return until several months later. We suspected that he got a ban.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
No way did Akpom deserve booing. He just looked horribly out of his depth at this level, almost like a non-league player. Spent the hour he was on the pitch mainly hiding or playing timid inconsequential two yard passes. Might as well ship him back to Arsenal now. He's no use to us at this stage in the game. Next time they ship him back out, they should ship him down another level to build up his confidence a bit, and maybe discover some real hunger for the game. He was just a passenger today.

Makes you wonder why on earth we actually went for him in the first place! - just shocking

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Makes you wonder why on earth we actually went for him in the first place! - just shocking

On that performance, which was about a soft a game - against third bottom - as he was ever going to get for us at this stage of the season, can't believe he didn't even attempt to impose himself in any way on the game. Hard to believe he does any much better in training. No big fan of Hemed, but he must have been spitting feathers at playing second fiddle to this random hot shot no-mark from a 'big' club.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I use to sit there. There was a hater who had it in for most of our foreign players. To his mind he was also a expert tactician, calling angrily for ours player to "play down the channels" etc.

He took it too far calling Lopez a c**t, in front of kids. He disappeared that half-time, not to return until several months later. We suspected that he got a ban.

Did you all turn in perpetual horror when he dropped the c-bomb? That would mean quite a few people around me would be banned every game.

But yes I know the sort you mean, anybody on the South side of WL should know who 'FORWARDS STEPHENS' is.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
I was calling for him (on here) to be subbed at half time but can't say I noticed the booing from the west upper where I sit. He's just not the man we need at the moment but definitely did not deserve any booing no matter how he played. Onwards...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The booing wasn't THAT bad, but I don't think he deserved what he got.

He's been a flop,, I thought he'd do a job but he's on a par with Obika.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Could have been worse I suppose...could have got the full "You're not fit to wear the shirt" treatment that poor Craig Davies got up at franchise a few seasons back.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Got to 5 pages before I got bored. Can be summed up

'He was totally shithouse but you can't boo him, it will hurt his feelings'

You know what, it might make him question his attitude.

What do some of you lot do for a living? Some of my customers have described me as a useless Mike Hunt to my face.If I could run around a bit for a gentle booing, I'd take that any day of the week.

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
He had a very poor game and showed little or no effort.
Didn't like the booing but he performance was terrible.

This with bells on.

Been giving him the benefit of the doubt since joining us. But the number of times he's sat on the bench watching an industrious Baldock for 70 minutes then coming on & looking the polar opposite made me hope a start might wake him up. How disappointing.

I'd never boo our players. But his lack of effort is inexcusable & I'd prefer to see one of our younger lads, who actually can be bothered, be given a chance.

Even Glen was chasing balls down in the last 10 minutes still!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Ackpom should be shipped back to Arsenal tomorrow. He isn't very good and he is a clueless, lazy waste of a place.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Got to 5 pages before I got bored. Can be summed up

'He was totally shithouse but you can't boo him, it will hurt his feelings'

You know what, it might make him question his attitude.

What do some of you lot do for a living? Some of my customers have described me as a useless Mike Hunt to my face.If I could run around a bit for a gentle booing, I'd take that any day of the week.

I started to fall out with the randoms surrounding me when I called it like you

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Did you all turn in perpetual horror when he dropped the c-bomb? That would mean quite a few people around me would be banned every game.

But yes I know the sort you mean, anybody on the South side of WL should know who 'FORWARDS STEPHENS' is.

I didn't paraphrase him fully. It was "you useless sp*c c*nt". The first word being the old slang used by Brits in Spain against their Spanish hosts. Said with venom against his own player.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
If Baldock is still not fit for Tuesday, then start either start Hemed or throw in the Towell ;o).

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
He may have the quality there somewhere but hasn't shown it yet and didn't show effort. Even if the quality isn't there, fans appreciate the effort. Prime example - CMS. If you're not going to put in the effort, you deserve what you get.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here