Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk red blessing in disguise?

_mark_

Aug 24, 2011
Dunk was reckless. Those who clapped him off are c***s who don't understand football. The fact he walked off with his shirt over his head says it all. T*at

lordlush1972

Aug 15, 2006
Newhaven
I take it that this post is tongue in cheek or, at best, wishful thinking. He's played Gibraltar, Poland, Norway, USA, Nigeria, Northern Ireland, Denmark and Qatar. If it is neither, then it is pig ignorant. At international level, the best he has played against is Poland. Lately, he had played no competitive football. His mistakes at Derby and Qpr could have effectively cost us promotion.

Fact is, we have no choice other than Greer but to suggest he is up to the job is wishful thinking.
A certain striker for Poland and Bayern Munich didn't get a sniff when Greer played for Scotland

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Dunk was reckless. Those who clapped him off are c***s who don't understand football. The fact he walked off with his shirt over his head says it all. T*at

Hmmm, tricky one this. I see where you're coming from as regards clapping off players who have been sent off, basically through their own stupidity. I won't slag off anyone who chooses not to applaud a player off in these circumstances.

However, I did stand to applaud him off. These are my reasons:

1) He's made a fantastic contribution to what has been a truly fantastic season. It's appreciation for that as much as anything today, as hopefully he won't have to play again this season.

2) We all make mistakes, that's how we learn (admittedly Dunk is prone to making mistakes a bit too often, but he still needs our support).

3) He knows he's made a mistake, no need to make it any worse for him.

Btw, a scuffle broke out in the North Stand just after Dunk's red card. I suspect it was over this very argument.

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
I clapped him off because of the good season he's had for us.
I'm as pissed off as the next man he got himself stupidly sent off.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I think Dunk can consider himself a little unlucky, the ref let a couple of other players get away with challenges just as bad without booking them.

It was a shocker of a tackle, the worst in the game, he was lucky it wasn't a straight red. It's been quite a few games now since he's had his regular rush of blood to the head, it was probably overdue.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Eek.

You'll won't be proud of that post when you sit quietly and consider it.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Hmmm, tricky one this. I see where you're coming from as regards clapping off players who have been sent off, basically through their own stupidity. I won't slag off anyone who chooses not to applaud a player off in these circumstances.

However, I did stand to applaud him off. These are my reasons:

1) He's made a fantastic contribution to what has been a truly fantastic season. It's appreciation for that as much as anything today, as hopefully he won't have to play again this season.

2) We all make mistakes, that's how we learn (admittedly Dunk is prone to making mistakes a bit too often, but he still needs our support).

3) He knows he's made a mistake, no need to make it any worse for him.

Btw, a scuffle broke out in the North Stand just after Dunk's red card. I suspect it was over this very argument.

1) There was a lap of appreciation for that.
2) But we don't all get applauded for making them.
3) There's no need to make him feel good about it, either.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
1) There was a lap of appreciation for that.
2) But we don't all get applauded for making them.
3) There's no need to make him feel good about it, either.

All fair points, and well made.

Heat of the moment though, I felt like showing my appreciation for the cracking season he's had. I confess I'm a big Lewis Dunk fan and maybe, as a result, cut him more slack then he perhaps deserves, but hey ho.

Each to their own.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I think Dunk can consider himself a little unlucky, the ref let a couple of other players get away with challenges just as bad without booking them.

It is in no way a blessing that our CB partnership, that has worked so well recently has been broken up.

Greer is older, slower and cannot be match fit

I totally agree. It would have been better to keep the same centre back pairing but in no way can Dunk have any complaints. In fact I think Lewis Dunk is very lucky that we were already one down when he got sent off. Can you imagine what this board would have been like if they had went 1-0 up after the sending off.

If that had been the sequence of events then Lewis would have been the ''fall guy''

As it is. We didn't play at our best today. _ We have to go there and win and that's attainable so I think we just hope that we go there and raise our game and hope it's enough next week

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
It was the first card that was daft. The second stopped a dangerous break - the first was in the Derby half, no danger whatsoever. We'll be fine though - Boro are on shakey form - we are a better side than them on current form. We will win.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here