Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Funny that the remainers make the claim that they know that people didn’t vote to leave the CU etc.

What was crystal clear in the referendum was:
1. Take control of our borders. I.e. end of free movement.
2. No more large payments to the EU (it was clear that there may be some payments depending upon the final agreement).
3. Ability to negotiate own trade agreements.
4. Aim to get a trade agreement with the EU (I will admit that this was made to sound easier than it is proving to be, but the EU as showing no willingness to be flexible, however, there were lies/mid-leading statements from the remain side too).

As long as points 1-3 are stuck to, then that would be an implementation of Brexit. Anything less than that is a failure to do so.

Let me ask you a question. If the Referendum, result had been the other way, but still 52% to 48%, would you have been saying we need to renegotiate out relationship with the EU to take into account the Vote Leave concerns?

Could you point out where anything relating to Borders, Payments, Trade etc were 'crystal clear' on the attached

stream_img.jpg

Or are you mixing up 'I imagined' with 'It was crystal clear' again :facepalm:

This whole farce is rapidly descending into an episode of Father Ted

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Oh my god thickness doesn't even describe you maybe dense is more appropiate. Who allowed the vote ???? Hmmmm. If he wasn't so cocksure probably like you this scenario would never have happened.
The stupid ones were the remain camp within the government at the time who went ahead with it in the 1st place.
Ever since it has been attempts to belittle the Yes voters for doing something none ever believed they would have the chance to.

Come on then who's fault is it that we have ended up where we are ????

It's yours. But like others on here, you won't take responsibility for what you've done.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Of course it was the remainers who told you what would happen. It was so bloody obvious that there were only two Brexit options. You were told the reasons why you wouldn't get a WTO 'no deal' but you just stuck your fingers in your ears and shouted 'Project Fear'. You were told it would be the softest of soft Brexits (what the f*** did you think was going to happen on the NI/Ireland border :facepalm: ), but ignored what you were told and voted for it anyway.

Now you've got what you voted for, it's everyone else's fault :shrug:

There were always only two options,you dimwit.Leave or remain.We are still leaving,and if it's WTO rules because the EU are so obdurate,then so be it.Never mind your fu**witted whataboutery and all the other twatter drivel,WE ARE LEAVING,and that's shouting.:lolol:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Oh my god thickness doesn't even describe you maybe dense is more appropiate. Who allowed the vote ???? Hmmmm. If he wasn't so cocksure probably like you this scenario would never have happened.
The stupid ones were the remain camp within the government at the time who went ahead with it in the 1st place.
Ever since it has been attempts to belittle the Yes voters for doing something none ever believed they would have the chance to.

Come on then who's fault is it that we have ended up where we are ????

Will you ever take responsibility for the mess, or just blame others?

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Let me ask you a question. If the Referendum, result had been the other way, but still 52% to 48%, would you have been saying we need to renegotiate out relationship with the EU to take into account the Vote Leave concerns?

Every government since we joined the Common Market has tried, (some more successfully than others), to renegotiate our terms of membership - I guess the answer to your question therefore has to be a resounding ‘yes’.

larus

Every government since we joined the Common Market has tried, (some more successfully than others), to renegotiate our terms of membership - I guess the answer to your question therefore has to be a resounding ‘yes’.

Hmm, and yet we’ve still ended up with ever closer union and more powers in Brussels.

At least we’re clear then that there would have been no consideration of the Leavers thoughts if we’d voted remain. Thanks for that - just as we all suspected.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Funny that the remainers make the claim that they know that people didn’t vote to leave the CU etc.

What was crystal clear in the referendum was:
1. Take control of our borders. I.e. end of free movement.
2. No more large payments to the EU (it was clear that there may be some payments depending upon the final agreement).
3. Ability to negotiate own trade agreements.
4. Aim to get a trade agreement with the EU (I will admit that this was made to sound easier than it is proving to be, but the EU as showing no willingness to be flexible, however, there were lies/mid-leading statements from the remain side too).

As long as points 1-3 are stuck to, then that would be an implementation of Brexit. Anything less than that is a failure to do so.

Your list wasn’t on the ballot paper, unless Brexitear voters all had your list above and I and others had a different one. It’s like signing a commercial contract then saying but when I signed it meant all these other things. It’s a real shame for this country but we are leaving the EU as voted for in the referendum. The Brexitear leaders are running for the hills recognising their place in history is looking bleak

larus

Your list wasn’t on the ballot paper, unless Brexitear voters all had your list above and I and others had a different one. It’s like signing a commercial contract then saying but when I signed it meant all these other things. It’s a real shame for this country but we are leaving the EU as voted for in the referendum.

If we get Mays deal (assuming there’s no further rodgering from the EU), then we’ve only pretended to have left and none of the commitments have been left.

The great thing is, Parliament has voted to leave and parliament can vote down the proposed deal (which lots of Brexit MPs will do, along with SNP and Labour), so what May has proposed is dead. That’s assuming that it even gets accepted by the EU before going to national parliaments.

If this fails, we will drop out of the EU on WTO terms, or get a short transition of max 2 years. The conservative grass roots will be putting pressure on their MPs now to let them know the level of frustration/anger at what May is trying to do (as a Remainer).

There’s more chance of No Deal now than Mays Deal.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
If we get Mays deal (assuming there’s no further rodgering from the EU), then we’ve only pretended to have left and none of the commitments have been left.

The great thing is, Parliament has voted to leave and parliament can vote down the proposed deal (which lots of Brexit MPs will do, along with SNP and Labour), so what May has proposed is dead. That’s assuming that it even gets accepted by the EU before going to national parliaments.

If this fails, we will drop out of the EU on WTO terms, or get a short transition of max 2 years. The conservative grass roots will be putting pressure on their MPs now to let them know the level of frustration/anger at what May is trying to do (as a Remainer).

That is quite possible. For me though there is too much to lose on both sides to let the national populists win, and more in Parliament want a sensible relationship with the EU than those who don’t. Time will tell

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Hmm, and yet we’ve still ended up with ever closer union and more powers in Brussels.

At least we’re clear then that there would have been no consideration of the Leavers thoughts if we’d voted remain. Thanks for that - just as we all suspected.

That’s pseudological reasoning - the outcome of a negotiation does not mean that the negotiations did not take place nor that they ignored the wishes of those hoping for a better outcome.

The hopes and wishes of those who voted leave may never be met, that does not mean that the vote wasn’t for “leave” nor that the best efforts to satisfy that vote haven’t been made.

astralavi

Apr 6, 2017

The chances of a second referendum have increased significantly

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
That is quite possible. For me though there is too much to lose on both sides to let the national populists win, and more in Parliament want a sensible relationship with the EU than those who don’t. Time will tell

I suppose it depends on whether Labour /Corbyn want to push for a early election. They will probably see a vote against the proposed deal as a way of accelerating this outcome

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Will you ever take responsibility for the mess, or just blame others?

The leave vote didn't create this, the potential remain MP's in 2016 did. If there is a chance you won't like the result don't offer it in the 1st place. Why do you think successive government previously skirted the issue. So no the leavers have no responsibility for the current mess. You need to turn your misguided ire against Cameron and his laccy's who couldn't scarper quick enough once the result was known.
They should have had plans in place incase of the Out result but didn't due to their aloofness

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The leave vote didn't create this, the potential remain MP's in 2016 did. If there is a chance you won't like the result don't offer it in the 1st place. Why do you think successive government previously skirted the issue. So no the leavers have no responsibility for the current mess. You need to turn your misguided ire against Cameron and his laccy's who couldn't scarper quick enough once the result was known.
They should have had plans in place incase of the Out result but didn't due to their aloofness

7.jpg

It's not my fault.

It's the ones who bought a non ink coloured sofa and a non sofa coloured pen,

They're the ones who are really to blame :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here