Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs West Ham United *** Official Match Thread ***

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Bit more tense than perhaps it should have been but fantastic result
Really? Ok the end of the first half wasn't ideal, but that's as relaxed as it gets for us.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Such has been the tension built up inside, I'm on the verge on crying.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Do peeps remember Hammers fans saying after we beat them earlier in the season ‘’ we shouldn’t get beaten by teams like Brighton’’...What now?

We met a West Ham fan whilst on holiday in December, who still smarting about our win, said it would never happen again. Said with arrogance about 'minnows who got lucky on the night' in his eyes.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
From the BBC:
"Bong summed up Brighton's attacking endeavour. He touched the ball more than anyone else on the pitch. The left-back spent so much time attacking that 55 of his 78 touches came in the West Ham half. With Bong a constant outlet, 54% of Brighton's play came down the left side."
Did you see what he did with the ball? Ummm nothing. He panicked and sometimes passed the ball backwards or if he was feeling pretty adventurous, sideways. I'm sure West Ham were happy to let him have the ball in their half because he has nothing to offer in that area of the pitch. He played ok but technically, imo, he is so poor for this level.

For the record, I'm bloody delighted we won before people say "some people are never happy" etc. Thought we were great today.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Did you see what he did with the ball? Ummm nothing. He panicked and sometimes passed the ball backwards or if he was feeling pretty adventurous, sideways. I'm sure West Ham were happy to let him have the ball in their half because he has nothing to offer in that area of the pitch. He played ok but technically, imo, he is so poor for this level.

For the record, I'm bloody delighted we won before people say "some people are never happy" etc. Thought we were great today.

I thought he had a good game but I know there are plenty of Bong haters out there who won’t want to give him any credit.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
We met a West Ham fan whilst on holiday in December, who still smarting about our win, said it would never happen again. Said with arrogance about 'minnows who got lucky on the night' in his eyes.

They have Newcastle Utd syndrome West Ham fans they seem to think their club are this massive club. It's lovely bringing them down to earth with a bump.

seaford

Feb 8, 2007
Did anyone else see Murray and Duffy have a go at each other after the Wet Sham goal? At the time it felt as though the spirit in the team was a bit off. Murray was excellent today, aggressive but not in nasty petulant way, more lets have a go at their back four.

Ulloa looked like he belonged, a true PL player with the confidence of being a (semi) regular at this level.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Did anyone else see Murray and Duffy have a go at each other after the Wet Sham goal? At the time it felt as though the spirit in the team was a bit off. Murray was excellent today

First half he told Knockaert to get up off the floor from their penalty area after Knocky had done an awful shot and flopped down.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Did you see what he did with the ball? Ummm nothing. He panicked and sometimes passed the ball backwards or if he was feeling pretty adventurous, sideways.
Well I didn't get that feeling when watching, but then I wasn't specifically analysing him, so maybe I missed it :shrug:

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
That has made my day, off to the Araluen Chili Festival today.
So will put a couple of loo rolls in the fridge.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here