Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Horrendous attack in Las Vegas

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Something he could do straight away that is a very small gesture but might just get support from all sides - ban toy guns. The number of deaths and injuries involving children playing with guns in the US is horrifying. He could argue that he wants to encourage responsible gun ownership and teach children that guns are not toys. The gun control lobby will surely welcome that and the NRA simply wouldn't be able to object to it and still have a shred of credibility.

I don't know if children are taught about the dangers of guns in schools but if it isn't already a compulsory requirement then make it so. Similar to the stranger danger warnings that doubtless all children are told about.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I think bladders is trying to steal looneys title

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Something he could do straight away that is a very small gesture but might just get support from all sides - ban toy guns. The number of deaths and injuries involving children playing with guns in the US is horrifying. He could argue that he wants to encourage responsible gun ownership and teach children that guns are not toys. The gun control lobby will surely welcome that and the NRA simply wouldn't be able to object to it and still have a shred of credibility.

I don't know if children are taught about the dangers of guns in schools but if it isn't already a compulsory requirement then make it so. Similar to the stranger danger warnings that doubtless all children are told about.

I see your point, but I loved a good cap gun when I was a kid.

Though the cap gun was top dog in this country , its not in the US. Infact a BB hard pellet gun is seen as a toy there

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Go to bed son, or at least get your homework done. You're out your depth here .
Ahahaha I don't think you even went to school "son"

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
mmmm, so like every other president that preceded him then,.

Good idea :facepalm:

Its exactly this type of inertia on the issue that means atrocities like this will never end over there.

So no, I don't believe he is actually particularly bothered. He'll let off some soundbites for now, look concerned, try to sound presedential, make that little circle with his thumb and forefinger when he's speaking.

But this is the man who has just dedicated a GOLF TROPHY to the victims of Hurricane Irma. People who have lost lives, homes, loved ones, and who are still sat there in Puerto Rico with no water or electricity. Think about that for a second, and then tell me you really think he gives a shit.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
The alt-right are praying he's Antifa, the anti-Trump left that he's a Trump supporter. It's so sad to see so much political point-scoring when it's not even been 24 hours since.

I will add though that Trump is a disgrace to his office for the way he handles these situations. He was very slow to get anything out about it and when he did it came in the form of a tweet, it started with "warmest condolences" and ended in an exclamation mark. Maybe I'm being harsh here but there's no gravitas with that. He needs to do what Obama did - call a press conference, express his sadness and disgust, say that he will offer the emergency services all the help they need and when they know the full picture and moods are calmer to see what can lessons can be learned to prevent this ever happening again. It's not difficult.

EXACTLY my thoughts.

The human race will become extinct before the USA sorts out its gun culture problem, seriously, there are just too many weapons out there.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Its exactly this type of inertia on the issue that means atrocities like this will never end over there.

So no, I don't believe he is actually particularly bothered. He'll let off some soundbites for now, look concerned, try to sound presedential, make that little circle with his thumb and forefinger when he's speaking.

But this is the man who has just dedicated a GOLF TROPHY to the victims of Hurricane Irma. People who have lost lives, homes, loved ones, and who are still sat there in Puerto Rico with no water or electricity. Think about that for a second, and then tell me you really think he gives a shit.

You've literally described every other leader who found themselves in this situation.

The rest of your post is irrelevant to this particular situation.

Hereford Gull

Jan 21, 2004
Margaret River WA
Why don't all Americans have grenades and weapons of mass destruction, its only 'bearing arms' after all? Think of the revenue the arms manufacturers would gain. Note to Donald.....

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I dunno how the guys in walking dead would carry on if they had to chuck all their weapons away to be fair

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Uphold the second amendment by allowing having weapons with the capability of when it was ratified, the 18th century.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
[MENTION=587]Pevenseagull[/MENTION] I think you hit the nail on the head. The 2nd understood weapons far far inferior to today. Then it was self protection now it is assault rifles.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You've literally described every other leader who found themselves in this situation.

Its not irrelevant at all.

You questioned my statement about whether he actually gives a shit (I'm a "disgrace" apparently). I've just given you a classic example of the type of man, the type of leader, the type of president he is. He's a man who reacts to a natural disaster of truly EPIC proportions, a nation of people who are not even CLOSE to recovering from it yet, by blithely dedicating a cuffing golf cup to them. Can you imagine how those people would feel on hearing that ? It would be laughable if it wasn't so tragically serious.

But no, I'm sure you're right. Great guy, and a true statesman.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama

You're coming across as a bit of a cock on this thread.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Why when conducting a statement they are using the word "expired" when somebody has deceased/passed. A terrible word to use. Such an awful event.

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

I always liked "dirt nap." Also "bought the farm"----why does that mean dead? How about "pushing up daisies"? "out of his misery"----is life in general misery?

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Its not irrelevant at all.

You questioned my statement about whether he actually gives a shit (I'm a "disgrace" apparently). I've just given you a classic example of the type of man, the type of leader, the type of president he is. He's a man who reacts to a natural disaster of truly EPIC proportions, a nation of people who are not even CLOSE to recovering from it yet, by blithely dedicating a cuffing golf cup to them. Can you imagine how those people would feel on hearing that ? It would be laughable if it wasn't so tragically serious.

But no, I'm sure you're right. Great guy, and a true statesman.

Trump be Trump!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here