Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton v Blackburn

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
Was lucky Tuesday and the lucky result gave Sami clueless Hyypia a stay in his execution but normal business will resume on Saturday.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Blackburn are really serious dangerous opposition

After the recent games Albion have fallen to third place (from first) in the passing stats below Wolves and Derby.

http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/25...TeamStatistics/England-Championship-2014-2015

Possession and we have fallen from second place to fifth behind Wolves, Derby, Bournemouth and Norwich.

Blackburn have replaced Rotherham as the best aerial team. Aerial is a bit of a weakness for us, but out of the bottom three which are Watford, Brentford and Huddersfield.

In shots per game, Norwich and Blackburn are ahead of us.

Shots from inside the penalty area (where I think Albion are poor) is still about average. Slightly ahead of Wigan which is no surprise. Leaders in this important attacking stats are Middlesbro, Blackburn and Norwich.

I think this makes Blackburn are really serious dangerous opposition.

I think the dangerous clubs are now Derby, Middlesbro, Norwich, Wolves, Bournemouth, Blackburn: which would now be my prediction of the top clubs at the end of the season.

Possession, essentially a defensive tactic, is below average and less than 50% for Blackburn. This might make them more of a counter-attacking side. A bit of a gamble playing advanced wing-backs against such a side (I don't like these tactics anyway.).

A big test for Sami Hyypia this match. Get it wrong and we could go down 0-3. Get it right and I have faith that a 2-1 win is not out of the question.

To my mind we have got to get our two second strikers into the penalty area and hope they have got the composure to at least get the shots (headers seem unlikely) on target.

PS: Albion are the leading club for defensive interceptions this season, so our midfield is not dreadful. Dribbles per game is not bad either. We are second behind Norwich.

Last edited:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Banker 1-1 Draw

PS: Even our weak point of getting shots on target is no worse than average. However, Blackburn are the second team for shots on target below Bournemouth.

Overall 4.1 to 5.4.

(Home) Albion 5.1 vs Blackburn (Away) 4.1

I have not the conversion stats at hand but I think ours are something like 25% of shots on target to Blackburns 33%. So it makes an even game and too even to bet on unless you take a chance on a 1-1 draw.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
The big question is can Dunk and Greer keep Rhodes and Gestade quiet. Greer has been awful of late ( poor positioning, indecision and poor distribution ) He needs to find his mojo again as he is putting increased pressure on Dunk.
Can't see beyond a draw myself....1-1 or 2-2.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Taking heart from Tuesday's win, I'll stick my neck out and say 2-1 to the Albion. Could easily be wrong though :lolol:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I'd like to think Tuesday's win will be the springboard to kick on and get another win but knowing the Albion it will probably be one step forward followed by two steps back, we'll play poorly, get beat and there will be massive binfests on here to take into the international break. Heart say's a win, Head say's a defeat so I'll plump for a 0-0.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Fixtures have been screwy for the last few years for all teams. A long absence from home matches and then two in quick succession. I bet this was not raised at the latest clubs meeting?

No trains is going to be a real nuisance if the weather is as forecasted. I would not like be working on repairs in this weather either.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Like Tuesday think we might get the 3 points in a scrappy 1-0.
Hope it's not a draw though, think I would prefer a defeat (very strange thing to say I know) and the end of the hyypia reign rather than a draw that drags it out even longer.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Like Tuesday think we might get the 3 points in a scrappy 1-0.
Hope it's not a draw though, think I would prefer a defeat (very strange thing to say I know) and the end of the hyypia reign rather than a draw that drags it out even longer.

Will a defeat herald the end of Hypia? I dont think it will, so hopefully a win is on the cards.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here