Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Brighton drowning under grafitti and tagging - is there anything we can do?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
4b52a379563c68ad6a61a2efe5f25cc7.jpg

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
I quite like some of the street art and murals, but am getting bit sick of the massive growth in random tagging and graffiti in the last couple of years in Brighton.

Interestingly, just having spent a long weekend in Liverpool, I was struck by the almost complete absence of tagging in most of the city (not just the touristy bits) and by generally how well kept, clean and lacking in litter the city streets and parks seemed to be. It was different than I expected and different than I remembered from the 80s and a refreshing contrast to Brighton in that respect.

They do seem to have a similar number of street sleepers, however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
I quite like some of the street art and murals, but am getting bit sick of the massive growth in random tagging and graffiti in the last couple of years in Brighton.

Interestingly, just having spent a long weekend in Liverpool, I was struck by the almost complete absence of tagging in most of the city (not just the touristy bits) and by generally how well kept, clean and lacking in litter the city streets and parks seemed to be. It was different than I expected and different than I remembered from the 80s and a refreshing contrast to Brighton in that respect.

They do seem to have a similar number of street sleepers, however.

Exactly my point; Brighton seems to have a disproportionate amount of sh1t scrawled everywhere by incontinent narcissists...

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Old people complaining about graffiti in a city :lolol:

I guess music was better in your day as well, when people could actually sing etc etc. What? It’s a quarter past two! These 5ps are a bit fiddly.

There’s **** all you can do about it in a city and you will be far better off expending your energy on something more worthwhile. Just a friendly heads up....you’ll find cities are abit noisy as well.

So can I get this straight Mr Tubthumper, a bloke who has enough time on his hands to post on here 41,686 times (equivalent of 1 post a day for 114 years) speaks like he's a youngster down with the kids. If so surely you should be out tagging the dustbins in your cul-de-sac to give it a more "edgy" feel...

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I made this point on here a while back and was shot down in flames. Brighton is looking worse than ever at the moment.
Meanwhile Liverpool City Centre looks fantastic. A great mix of old buildings restored and new buildings where a load of run down places used to be. Brighton's Arches will go the way of the West Pier because not enough people care.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Yes but that is street art, not mindless tagging...

This. Tagging is of no more merit than feline scent marking or dogs pissing on lampposts. And these talentless no-marks defacing decent street art is worse than writing on blank walls.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Tagging is pathetic and they should be mocked and laughed at. To actually think your cleaver for scrawling some illedgable shit on building where people actually work for a living🙄

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
3ab0c1cd44177bd6a25fdd4332f964fe--hold-me-street-art-utopia.jpg
funny-sign-bill-posters.png
tom-bob-street-art-new-york-18.jpg
19.jpg

Some art is brilliant.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Tagging in Brighton is completely out of control. People saying they like it cannot understand what it is. Some graffiti is art but is being ruined by idiots.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here