Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jiri Skalak.....

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not according to the local rag.

The South London Press understands that Skalak will not break the Championship club’s long-standing transfer record – £800,000 for Paul Goddard in 1989.

The South London Press understands that Skalak will not break the Championship club’s long-standing transfer record – £800,000 for Paul Goddard in 1989.

Just to help you a bit.....your eyes must be getting old......or the bit between your eyes and fingers is screwed up.

He will NOT be their record signing.

Sky and their sources were reporting that he will be, so who do you believe? Our club will say it is undisclosed.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Scored the best goal at the Amex, and produced the best cross I have ever seen live in my lifetime. Good luck Jiri.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sky and their sources were reporting that he will be, so who do you believe? Our club will say it is undisclosed.

Both. I'd guess that the up-front (undisclosed) fee would be below £800K, but that potential add-ons would take the final figure significantly above it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This thread wouldn't be complete without this either :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QYiU8jxqQo

Despite everything that has happened since that moment is the only one to properly transport me back in time to the days of being an excited child on Christmas morning.

For that reason I will always loves Jiri and am very pleased he's staying 'local'.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Any Millwall fans lurking need to watch the highlights of Brighton 5 - 0 Norwich to see the potential you could be getting.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Not according to the local rag.

Strange club Millwall, I saw their payroll a couple of years back through work and there were some insane numbers on there, 60k for retail assistants, 100k plus for administrators. You'd have thought they'd prefer to pay normal wages and then be able to spend a bit more money on players. There can't be many football clubs for whom the cumulative annual salaries of the administrative staff dwarf the record signing fee?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
View attachment 99313

It's on his own facebook page. Not here long but a LEGEND. Good luck at Millwall, match made in heaven

Some say he is still celebrating.

My favourite promotion picture, I have posted it on here several times in the past. Absolutely loved this, Must have been something a bit more than booze to be in that state.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Some say he is still celebrating.

My favourite promotion picture, I have posted it on here several times in the past. Absolutely loved this, Must have been something a bit more than booze to be in that state.

At least he still had the balance to get on the chair, and stay upright. No, just booze, imo.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
At least he still had the balance to get on the chair, and stay upright. No, just booze, imo.

Exactly have you ever tired drinking to 8 in the morning without anything to help you cheat. You wouldnt be stood on a chair thats for sure.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And ignore all his other games
Not quite but I did word it carefully so as they weren't too assume that performance was the norm.

That said there was a very short moment in time when Jiri was the doggies dangles.

Thinking of the dross this club has been forced to keep, over the years, it seems a little unfair that Jiri window to shine was so small.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Exactly have you ever tired drinking to 8 in the morning without anything to help you cheat. You wouldnt be stood on a chair thats for sure.

Look at the shadows, more like afternoon. That was after he'd slept and got up again.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Good luck Jiri.:bowdown:
The club don't hang about,Alireza's got your shirt on today!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Derby at home IIRC he was MotM

I only go to 4 or 5 games a season and I can come up with more bad games..

Jiri almost went there in January but we lost Jamie just before then so we couldn't let him leave. I am not his biggest fan but the way Millwall play will suit him, so I am a bit more hopeful he can succeed there. The lad works hard and puts in the effort. He just lacks natural ability

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here