Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Here We Go Again - Breaking News Florida Shooting At High School

Yoda

English & European
People need to stop waffling on about AR-15, they kill a tiny tiny % of people in the US. In 2016 less than 2% of people killed were killed by assault rifles. Less than 1% of all gun injuries were due to assault rifles

The vast overwhelming majority of gun deaths are by hand guns.

So if you'll pardon the pun people are taking aim at something that's not even the overwhelming issue with gun deaths.

That maybe very true, but 8 out of the 10 deadliest mass shootings have been undertaken with semi-automatic rifles, killing 294 people. 7 of these have been in the last 6 years.

How many more does it need?

If you want a simple solution to assault rifle sales don't go down the dumb arse and lengthy process of going after the constitution. Just go down the far easier route of taxing them at a 10000% rate and making them unaffordable to the vast majority of people.

I could live with that, but can't honestly see them doing it. :down:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Lets hope the 'greatest democracy in the world' listens to the majority. The polls indicate that at present the majority would like to see stricter gun control. if this is the case then democracy should reign.

Perhaps a referendum or plebiscite is required?

The thing that really irritates me about this thread is that it makes me keep singing Here I Go Again by Whitesnake.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
If you want a simple solution to assault rifle sales don't go down the dumb arse and lengthy process of going after the constitution. Just go down the far easier route of taxing them at a 10000% rate and making them unaffordable to the vast majority of people.

Dont think this really works for the problem at hand(guns already out there). Takes time to get tax legislation through the process. I remember being in the states when Obama hinted on heavily taxing ammunition, it was only a strong hint not even legislation, within 48 hours the shelves in every shop were empty of ammo and people had stockpiled ridiculous amounts of it.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Once again you're completely overlooking the rise of a youth culture of the centre and right that is happening because of groups like ANTIFA.

:facepalm: IT'S ALL ANTIFA'S FAULT!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
It doesn't matter if people are shot because if they are good Christians they will ascend to glory.

Obviously if everyone carried a gun then everyone would be safer.

I really don't see why there is any discussion about this. :shrug:

And that seems to be Trumps solution. Arm the teachers so they can shoot the killer on the loose in the school grounds.

Only in America

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Lets hope the 'greatest democracy in the world' listens to the majority. The polls indicate that at present the majority would like to see stricter gun control. if this is the case then democracy should reign.

Perhaps a referendum or plebiscite is required?

I expect it would have to be a state by state issue.

California has the strictest gun laws in the US yet it is in the top 5 of US states for gun deaths.

You could see a second coming of the Civil War with some states refusing to cede to the wishes of other states.

Last edited:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Dont think this really works for the problem at hand(guns already out there). Takes time to get tax legislation through the process. I remember being in the states when Obama hinted on heavily taxing ammunition, it was only a strong hint not even legislation, within 48 hours the shelves in every shop were empty of ammo and people had stockpiled ridiculous amounts of it.

If you think it takes time to get a tax legislation through imagine how long it would take to get the second amendment altered.

Attacking the 2nd amendment head on won't work. It needs to be a way that circumnavigates that constitutional right.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I expect it would have to be a state by state issue.

California has the strictest gun laws in the US yet it is in the top 5 of US states for gun deaths.

You could see a second coming of the Civil War with some states refusing to cede to the wishes of other states.
Your stat is a bit vague do you have a link?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Oh please, Barrack Obomber is still the darling of hundreds of millions despite being the most bomb happy President in the US history.

If blowing up innocent people deserves a painful execution why not call for Obomber to face a similar fate?

but neither of the Bush's? haha... feck off.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
If you think it takes time to get a tax legislation through imagine how long it would take to get the second amendment altered.

Attacking the 2nd amendment head on won't work. It needs to be a way that circumnavigates that constitutional right.

With respect ,I dont think thats right, if you attack the right through circumnavigation you still attack the 2nd amendment right directly, a good legal team backed by the NRA lobby would surely prove this.
I have no answer, i doubt anyone else has the solution either. Seems to be a simple problem on paper, separate responsible gun owners from lunatic gun owners.......how on earth do you do that and respect the constitutional right to own. The constitution can be legally changed but when many consider even thinking about changing it as treason or an affront to their "god given" rights you know you are entering a minefield

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
What are you on about? People were calling for them to be bumped off all the time.

Do you even do history?

Do you do common sense? If you want to be the poster boy for people wanting military grade weapons in their community, you go for it. Ill just carry on thinking youre a ****wit.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
With respect ,I dont think thats right, if you attack the right through circumnavigation you still attack the 2nd amendment right directly, a good legal team backed by the NRA lobby would surely prove this.
I have no answer, i doubt anyone else has the solution either. Seems to be a simple problem on paper, separate responsible gun owners from lunatic gun owners.......how on earth do you do that and respect the constitutional right to own. The constitution can be legally changed but when many consider even thinking about changing it as treason or an affront to their "god given" rights you know you are entering a minefield

The 2nd amendment isn't about the right. The Democrats openly support the second amendment.

This is an interesting read on the Dems and guns.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/05/24/democrats-guns-rob-quist-215186

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Nobody said it was. What was said was these left wing morons are what has played a big part in a counter culture rising due to to their presence and actions.

What is this counter culture of which you speak? You're not talking about the meme making, mum's basement dwelling, nazi flirting, conspiracy loving, man babies are you?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
What is this counter culture of which you speak? You're not talking about the meme making, mum's basement dwelling, nazi flirting, conspiracy loving, man babies are you?

Well there's the rise in armed militias for one.

There are more than 500 militia groups in the U.S., more than double the number in 2008, according to the Anti-Defamation League. Most of them are right-wing and anti-government.

So your perception it's just meme making, mum's basement dwelling, nazi flirting, conspiracy loving, man babies is laughable.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here