Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] It’s back! The Premier League edition of The Marvellous 1901 Food Thead.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
All fun aside, I hope you enjoyed it.
Mrs Oz and I, at least once a year do exactly the same sort of thing.
The experience is always good and makes it worth going to work for.
You can't take it with you, but you can leave the photos behind.

I agree. I’ve done the 1901 dining thing at least once every season at the AMEX and I think they have finally got it right. It was really good fun and we all enjoyed it. I couldn’t/wouldn’t do it every game but for one-off special occasions with Albion chums it’s perfect.

My tip is to stick with the Ridgeview English sparkling wine as you’ll get close get to the break-even point. Although my friend tried his hardest to achieve this with gin. And I’m sure the 4 geezers on the next table were turning a profit by half 2.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I'm not sure of the numbers at the Amex but multiply that by 100 and you probably have the number of corporate diners at the Emirates for each home game.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Are you seriously saying that 3 course meal with unlimited English sparkling wine cost £120?!

It's all about location, supply & demand, isn't it?

The meal would cost you £40 in a any restaurant, limitless drinks, let's say the average person, throughout the afternoon has a bottle of wine, normally around £50 in such a place, a glass or two of bubbly and a few beers, plus more snacks later on and tea & coffee, doesn't seem too bad at all. After all he's not being forced in their it's a choice thing, each to their own.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here