Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just Signed Up to Talk Talk

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
What next?!?

Hmmmmmmmm

How about a 10,000 word, weirdo, essay about how I'm in 'the right.'

I think it's time I put you on ignore as you clearly aren't going to do what you said so **** off.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Cheers - I'm hoping it'll all go smoothly. Just in process of changing from Npower to Ecotricity so hopefully that'll go well too with smart meters etc.

Talk talk went live on 23/8 but not until about 3pm, the service has been fantastic since then. The tv box arrived on 25/8 and plugged straight in with sky sports working from the off.

Certainly not regretting the switch 1 week in

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Talk talk went live on 23/8 but not until about 3pm, the service has been fantastic since then. The tv box arrived on 25/8 and plugged straight in with sky sports working from the off.

They're all fine (pretty well use the same infrastructure and technology) until something goes wrong ... then they're all s*it.

My view, get the best price, hope everything goes OK and have zero expectation when it doesn't

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Been with TalkTalk for over a year now, no issues yet. Speed is fine, and the router has far better signal range than my old Virgin one (I get all the bars upstairs in the front bedroom now, whereas the previous one struggled).

Obviously this will all go to shit when it eventually breaks down, but so far so good.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford

They talk about the TV box needing to be next to the router. Is that the case?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
They talk about the TV box needing to be next to the router. Is that the case?

No, I did my homework and had an online chat with one of their technical staff.

The to box needs an Ethernet connection to access the internet signal and make the sky package work. For some bizarre reason this doesn't connect wirelessly to the Internet. However for £10 I purchased two plug sockets which effectively extend the cable through the house's electrical circuit so can move my to box to my living room or bedroom as and when required.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Expect a few phones call from someone pretending to be from talk talk telling you that your internet is running slow and that you have100's of virus and that they need to access your pc. I had so many calls now I play along with them the last one lasted a hour before I let them know they not going to be hacking my details. Apart from that the service is ok been with them for nearly two years..

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
No , you can run an Ethernet cable from the router to the box .

I run my ethernet cable through the mains wiring using Netgear Powerline stuff. I'm hoping this will be OK as my router and TV box arrive this week. Also I believe the TV box connects to a freeview aerial.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick

Mine goes live on 5th September :thumbsup:

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
and a nice fella to

Thanks mate had a few beers to celebrate the good work done yesterday and ended up in Hove Place in the sun. Managed to make it home without losing wallet this time.

The work looks good but now I've gotta crack on with the decorating :lol:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
[MENTION=15348]CAPTAIN GREALISH[/MENTION] will confirm fella not some random on the Internet.

Thought you were going to put [MENTION=494]Kosh[/MENTION] on your ignore list or is that another one of your lies ?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
He is fella as are you now. :thumbsup:

Superb. Always thought you were a bit of a cock since your embarrassing post about supporting a club nearest to where you were born, But that's water under the bridge now. :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here