Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rotherham United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Scrappy, turgid 1-0 against the worst team in the league and you'll be looking forward to Derby?

Cobblers.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Its all about points, not performances.

We could hump them 4-0 tonight, which of course would be far preferable. But it would have NO bearing on the Derby game. Just because we stuff one team, doesn't necessarily follow that it carries right over into the next game.

1-0 will be just fine and dandy thankyouverymuch.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
If you're going to have sponsored stands then this is the one - eric Twigg Pukka Pies West Stand-. Not sure how it would fit into north stand west stand song though☺

"We're the Eric Twigg Pukka Pies West Stand, we're the Eric Twigg Pukka Pies West Stand, we're the Eric Twigg Pukka Pies West Stand Rotherham boys".

:jester:

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Listening to away games on the radio is pure torture. I don't know why I do it but I have to. Many a time I've planned not to, knowing deep down I'm fooling myself, but the radio always gets turned on somehow, somewhere. I have this strange thing, even as someone who considers themselves a rationalist, that on the rare occasions I can't listen in and find out we've won that I think "wow, that was lucky", and that conversely by listening in I can somehow add to the collective force to will the ball into the opponents net. Freakin nuts isn't it.

DavePage

Hate listening to these sorts of games on the radio. Often make up all kinds of elaborate plans that involve me not just sitting listening for 90 mins;

Maybe I'll just stick SSN on every 30 mins?
Maybe I'll go out for a meal with the wife and ignore the game til after?

Nope.

I'll be sat there, living every moment even though sometimes it can be excruciatingly hard to tell if the ball is out by the halfway line for a throw or being hacked off our goal line.

Also had a dream last night that we'd won comfortably, and Hudds had dropped points at Villa. For about 5-10 minutes after I woke I genuinely thought this was the case. Imagine how gutted I was to realise it had been a dream.

Bloody old football eh?

Dream on, Dream on, with hope in your heart……..May your dreams become premonitions ……then fact

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
695.png
703.png

Rotherham v Brighton

Sky Bet Championship

Venue: AESSEAL New York Stadium
Date: Tuesday 7th March 2017
Kick-off: 19:45 GMT
Referee: Geoff Eltringham
Assistants: James Mainwaring, Nick Greenhalgh
Fourth official: Christopher Kavanagh

Rotherham captain Lee Frecklington (ankle) is likely to start after making his return from injury as a sub in the defeat by Aston Villa on Saturday.

Goalkeeper Richard O'Donnell remains out with a hand injury.

Brighton centre-back Shane Duffy (metatarsal) is out for six weeks, with Uwe Hunemeier in line to replace him.

Left-backs Gaetan Bong (knee) and Sebastien Pocognoli (groin) are still sidelined, while centre-back Connor Goldson (heart) is out for the season.

On-loan striker Chuba Akpom will be assessed.

Despite having to deal with a host of defensive injuries, Albion boss Chris Hughton saw Liam Rosenior return to first-team action during Saturday's 3-0 defeat at Nottingham Forest following six months out with ankle trouble.

The reverse at the City Ground meant Brighton suffered back-to-back league defeats for the first time since September, and the Seagulls are six points ahead of third-placed Huddersfield in the table, having played a game more than the Terriers.

The Millers have won just one of their last 12 games in the Championship.

MATCH FACTS

• [*=left]Rotherham have won only two of their last 10 league meetings with Brighton (D2 L6), scoring just five goals in this period.
    [*=left]The Seagulls have lost each of their last two away games at Rotherham in league competition - they have not lost three in succession against the Millers since 1961.
    [*=left]16 of the 17 points (94.1%) that Rotherham have won in the Championship this season have come at home; a league-high proportion.
    [*=left]Brighton have lost their last two Championship games - they've not lost three in a row since January 2016, with the third defeat in that run coming against Rotherham.

Guess Whos Back:cheers:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Awful trip to Nottingham.
Crap week at work (so far)
Feeling like I've picked up a virus.

Definitely need the Seagulls to help me out of this funk.

1-3 to the good guys.

Pretty much the same. Desperate day Saturday, long flight all day Sunday, nasty cough/cold made it worse. Not adjusted to time difference so not sleeping, so not sleeping. Still having to deal with all the work **** back in the UK.

Come on boys, get back on track. I'll take 0-2, a clean sheet boost for the back 4 after Saturday.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Hate listening to these sorts of games on the radio. Often make up all kinds of elaborate plans that involve me not just sitting listening for 90 mins;

Maybe I'll just stick SSN on every 30 mins?
Maybe I'll go out for a meal with the wife and ignore the game til after?

Nope.

I'll be sat there, living every moment even though sometimes it can be excruciatingly hard to tell if the ball is out by the halfway line for a throw or being hacked off our goal line.

Also had a dream last night that we'd won comfortably, and Hudds had dropped points at Villa. For about 5-10 minutes after I woke I genuinely thought this was the case. Imagine how gutted I was to realise it had been a dream.

Bloody old football eh?

I'll be glued to the radio tonight with NSC in front of me and google for the other results as they come in. Love it. Couple of cans and a beef chilli on the go, doesn't get much better than this. The kids love it when we score and dad does the CH double fist pump dance around the house. :albion2:

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
Just met a Rotherham fan (he was delivering a parcel to my house). He spotted my Albion sticker in my car window. He didn't fancy their chances. I hope its not a bad omen. I fear it could be.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Sounds like they will play a Midfielder at RB tonight like they did against Villa (Will Faulks?). His "aggressive" tackling saw two Villa players who played on that side take early baths. So whether it's Murphy, March or Skalak, they need to be watch out for this fella, don't want any further injuries!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here