Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it too early to start thinking we're going up?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Glad we are out of the cup. Time to get our momentum and consistent form back. CH fiddled with the team at Lincoln which had a knock on effect. Nearly back to our consistent form yesterday but even then he fiddled with it and just after making 3 subs when we were in control, we concede and looked vulnerable for a spell. Not worried though, we have our some of our strongest and most effective players back, plus a new man up front which is what we needed. Our blip has helped the squad to re-focus and not get complacent. Bring it on.

The changes were very sensible although it did look like it might backfire as the 3 settled in. Hemed can't play 90 mins and we looked much more threatening up front with Murray imo. Baldock and Stephens haven't played for weeks and are needed on Tuesday. Chuba and Kayal need game time. The game was pretty safe by the time the subs were made. Chuba looks like he might be a big plus for us, he has presence, although the ref took a dislike to him imo :smile:

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
I keep thinking the opposite! Every time I look at the fixtures (far to often!!!) I see a banana skin or a tough match and all the others seem to have an easy run in...I'm going to lie down

In years gone by I'd agree with that but this season we are ruthless against the lesser teams I just don't see enough teams that can beat us and even if we do lose the teams around us need to win and that's often forgotten in the thought process

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Because in those two weeks we've lost against Huddersfield, drawn and then beaten Burton, whom we'd have expected to beat, while Huddersfield have beaten two top teams and won away. Check the odds with the bookies, or even with Experimental 361.

T.G

Mar 30, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
It's not worth stressing about, strange results always happen in this league. Who would have thought Leeds would lose at home to Cardiff and Reading would drop points this weekend?

Just sit back and enjoy the ride!

Do you offer counselling sessions?

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
There are very few examples of anyone suggesting promotion is a certainty.

"We really do need to take it one game at a time" Why? I'd be gobsmacked if pretty well everyone isn't looking at all our fixtures and assesing chances
I'm starting to get a bit confused about what this thread is really about so am just saying that I think we all hope we will go up and have a great chance of doing so given the current position. I'm sure we have all thought about next years fixtures if we get to the Prem and everything that involves. However the landscape changes after each week of fixtures and that is why we have to recalibrate our expectation at least once and sometimes twice a week.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
It's a free country, folks can see the situation however they see fit.

For me, I'm less optimistic than I was a month ago but that's football.

Cannot wait for the next few months, starting of course on Tuesday.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I'm starting to get a bit confused about what this thread is really about so am just saying that I think we all hope we will go up and have a great chance of doing so given the current position. I'm sure we have all thought about next years fixtures if we get to the Prem and everything that involves. However the landscape changes after each week of fixtures and that is why we have to recalibrate our expectation at least once and sometimes twice a week.

Aside from Prem fixtures which I haven't given a second thought to, I agree entirely.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
When I saw the teams reaction after Murray scored the winner at Birmingham I thought, and said 'We're going to do this, it's going to happen'. The players want it, and I don't think they'll lose that desire.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Put it this way. Huddersfield cannot really afford to drop points being 6 behind already. We can and what is being said is that if we have a bad few games we could be with a similar record to one or two others. That would start us pretty equal for the run in and still with a good chance. There is quality all over our squad and we should do this. I believe TB will be very disappointed if we do not.

throbinson

Feb 18, 2009
Shropshire
Huddersfield are in a good run of form but I can't see them keeping it going they will drop points. They haven't been in this position before challenging for promotion to the premiership as we have and our players will be stronger for it mentally and will get the job done

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
7 wins 5 draws 4 defeats will see us on 90 points.

If people who watched our complete and utter dominance yesterday over a team that isn't even in the relegation zone, or watched our never say die attitude against Wednesday or away at Brentford, or watched us destroy Norwich and cruise to the easiest of wins over Leeds, if people watched these games and still think we can't get the points needed to go up, well then I really despair for the football knowledge on display at the Amex, I thought we had more nous than that.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Up until two weeks ago I hadn't even considered Hudds a serious threat but after their demolition of us, astute signings, and recent form, they're a serious concern. 6 points isn't a huge amount.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Our GD is a positive but I have this horrible worst case scenario nagging in my head.
Udders win the league and we are tied on points with the Toon for 2nd, thus missing out on autos on GD again.
We are drawn with :lol: in the play-offs .....

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
7 wins 5 draws 4 defeats will see us on 90 points.

If people who watched our complete and utter dominance yesterday over a team that isn't even in the relegation zone, or watched our never say die attitude against Wednesday or away at Brentford, or watched us destroy Norwich and cruise to the easiest of wins over Leeds, if people watched these games and still think we can't get the points needed to go up, well then I really despair for the football knowledge on display at the Amex, I thought we had more nous than that.
I expect the same could have been said during the run in last season at various points

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
I'd feel more confident if we looked stronger away from home. Lately we've started every away game slowly and poorly.

And - because we only ever play one way 4-4-2, there are games like Huddersfield where we make it harder for ourselves.

So no, it's not time to think about going up. It's time to think about how we can improve.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here