Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it too early to start thinking we're going up?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
We are one bad week away from getting sucked into a three-team fight to go up. Huddersfield are on fire. In the past few years we have struggled in the play offs. Much as I would like to be, this is not over

Corrected for you.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Saw a thread on here only the other day where people were posting last March about how we should finish in the top 2.....that went well!!! Far too early to even contemplate at the moment

So, it hasn't crossed yours, or anyone else's minds on this thread that believe we shouldn't think that?

I mean, how ridiculous, supporters dreaming that we could go up, whatever next?

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
So, it hasn't crossed yours, or anyone else's minds on this thread that believe we shouldn't think that?

I mean, how ridiculous, supporters dreaming that we could go up, whatever next?
I think we have all thought for a long time we have a great chance of going up in the top 2 this year but realise that it is far from certain and we really do need to take 1 game at a time.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I think we have all thought for a long time we have a great chance of going up in the top 2 this year but realise that it is far from certain and we really do need to take 1 game at a time.

There are very few examples of anyone suggesting promotion is a certainty.

"We really do need to take it one game at a time" Why? I'd be gobsmacked if pretty well everyone isn't looking at all our fixtures and assesing chances

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Still a long, long way to go.

We're only 6 points ahead of Huddersfield and there's still 48 points available.

Huddersfield are starting to concern me. Hoping their bubble bursts soon. They only have 2 of the current top 6 left to play; Reading and Newcastle, both at home. If their current form continues much longer I can see them being the biggest challengers for the top 2.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Huddersfield are starting to concern me. Hoping their bubble bursts soon. They only have 2 of the current top 6 left to play; Reading and Newcastle, both at home. If their current form continues much longer I can see them being the biggest challengers for the top 2.

They remind me of us last season.. the style of play and the inferior goal difference. Let's hope the story ends in a similar way !

T.G

Mar 30, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
I think it's ours to give away looking at the fixtures there's no reason to think we won't be promoted

I keep thinking the opposite! Every time I look at the fixtures (far to often!!!) I see a banana skin or a tough match and all the others seem to have an easy run in...I'm going to lie down

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I keep thinking the opposite! Every time I look at the fixtures (far to often!!!) I see a banana skin or a tough match and all the others seem to have an easy run in...I'm going to lie down

It's not worth stressing about, strange results always happen in this league. Who would have thought Leeds would lose at home to Cardiff and Reading would drop points this weekend?

Just sit back and enjoy the ride!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This is our year. Of course we're going up. We've had our blip. We lived, we learnt.

Our best starting 11 are all nearly back to match fitness. Our squad should be stronger for the remainder of the season than it's been all season. I think we're on course to achieving the dream.

:tumble::tumble::tumble::facepalm::shootself:

Huddersfield frighten me....... David Wanker frightens me. Still, good effort! :lolol:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
We should now be focussing on Newcastle and Huddersfield. Leeds are falling too far back and shouldn't be able to catch us now

It's interesting to look at the upcoming fixtures because they show that the run-in is very different fur the top 3

Games left against teams in top 6:
Newcastle: 4 away 1 home - that's tough!
Brighton: 2 home 1 away
Huddersfield: 2 home, none away - that's easier!

Games left against teams in top 12:
Newcastle 4 home, 6 away
Brighton: 4 home 3 away
Huddersfield: 5 home 3 away

Maybe Newcastle will slip up?

A lot will be decided by the games against the top 6, as will be classic 6 pointers...... we've got games in hand on reading and leeds, but Huddersfield are flying. Its good theyve got Man city in cup, surely they'll have to put out a first team? a good spanking and an injury/suspension may help take the wind out of their sails, they had a mid season wobble to, but now are the team with the most momentum in the top 6. After man City they play Reading, that should help split the pack further, here's hoping a draw.

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Funny how every few weeks a different Championship team has suddenly acquired the quality of Brazil 1970 and we have to worry about them winning every game... Huddersfield are likely to take around 14-16 pts max. from their next 8 games - we will probably extend our lead over them.

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Glad we are out of the cup. Time to get our momentum and consistent form back. CH fiddled with the team at Lincoln which had a knock on effect. Nearly back to our consistent form yesterday but even then he fiddled with it and just after making 3 subs when we were in control, we concede and looked vulnerable for a spell. Not worried though, we have our some of our strongest and most effective players back, plus a new man up front which is what we needed. Our blip has helped the squad to re-focus and not get complacent. Bring it on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here