Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Religion is the cause of all problems...

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I'm beginning to wonder if his signature is in fact correct...

As it stands, i'm not particularly religious, but I'm with [MENTION=12101]Mellotron[/MENTION] - it's the ignorance of others that cause many of the issues. People mock that which they don't understand. We're all guilty of it in some way or another.

Jan 30, 2008
Roman catholic church..... Absolutely dripping with money could do with putting their hand in their pockets now and again:thumbsup:
regards
DR

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Question. Is football a religion ? There are many similarities.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Yup - I'm a Christian because I've been brainwashed and I just give all my money away. :thumbsup: got it in one.

It was not a personal attack on you but it does control people, as for Christianity and the bible I cannot believe it it is a rip off of other religions include parts from the hindus (which is beleive is the oldest practised religion?) Khristna =christ. Khristna mum was virgin he was a carpenter......Christians didnt bother re interpreting the bit khriatna become a monkey incase it wasnt believable. Like I said ita not a personal attack and I mean no offence but I cannot understand why any rational thinking adult would beleive in a god

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
im not trying to prove he is wrong - im trying to prove he doesnt actually know what he is stating as fact

Who said anything about facts? I don't read any newspapers actually because they're all full of shit and I can make my own mind up on what's going on in the world

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It was not a personal attack on you but it does control people, as for Christianity and the bible I cannot believe it it is a rip off of other religions include parts from the hindus (which is beleive is the oldest practised religion?) Khristna =christ. Khristna mum was virgin he was a carpenter......Christians didnt bother re interpreting the bit khriatna become a monkey incase it wasnt believable. Like I said ita not a personal attack and I mean no offence but I cannot understand why any rational thinking adult would beleive in a god

Fair points all. To be fair I can acknowledge why a lot of it could look baffling.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
10561658_10152239105486027_3720697200183880486_n.jpg

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I thought Rupert Murdoch was the cause of all problems...

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Which bl**dy religion is responsible for the 3" nail in my tyre this morning?

Go for one of the minority ones, they don't get much exposure so it'd be good to spread the wealth.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
I can see a good side to religion. For example, My dear old Nan is religious. She states she has no fear of dieing, becuase she will go to heaven to be re-united with here husband, my Grandad.

Now, I'm an athiest, so i know all of that is crap. But it does make me feel happy that she has that outlook.

That is, however the only positive i can find. And you are right that many of the worlds problems are a direct result of religion. People are dieing in the name of religion.

I also cant stand the left wing attitude of "we must not offend someones religion".

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I can see a good side to religion. For example, My dear old Nan is religious. She states she has no fear of dieing, becuase she will go to heaven to be re-united with here husband, my Grandad.

Now, I'm an athiest, so i know all of that is crap. But it does make me feel happy that she has that outlook.

That is, however the only positive i can find. And you are right that many of the worlds problems are a direct result of religion. People are dieing in the name of religion.

I also cant stand the left wing attitude of "we must not offend someones religion".

Hallelujah!! This man speaks sense.... Maybe I shouldn't of used that word..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here