Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex catering

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I sent Paul Barber an email suggesting he read this thread and received a reply which I cant post cos I dont know how. Basically he said the caterers had ample stock but Thursday was the busiest any of the concourses have been and the takings were by far the heighest ever, so running out of stock was regretable but unavoidable. The catering operation like every department will be looked at during the close season. They were his words not mine just passing on the info.

Cheers for passing that on :thumbsup:

At the same time, don't see how they can have 'ample stock' and at the same time say 'running out of stock was regretable but unavoidable'.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I sent Paul Barber an email suggesting he read this thread and received a reply which I cant post cos I dont know how. Basically he said the caterers had ample stock but Thursday was the busiest any of the concourses have been and the takings were by far the heighest ever, so running out of stock was regretable but unavoidable. The catering operation like every department will be looked at during the close season. They were his words not mine just passing on the info.

It's completely irrelevant to the situation I was describing as it was not that they'd run out of pies but somehow managed (or mis-managed) to have any pies available at 8:30 - or "half-time" as we know it.

I saw them become available a few minutes into half-time but that's just too late.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's completely irrelevant to the situation I was describing as it was not that they'd run out of pies but somehow managed (or mis-managed) to have any pies available at 8:30 - or "half-time" as we know it.

I saw them become available a few minutes into half-time but that's just too late.

If BG helped point Barber in the general direction of this thread, then it's all good tho eh Bozza and he'll pick up on your point? It is completely gormless not to have any pies ready for the extremely limited half-time selling window, particularly as it was the last home game of the season, people were hardly likely to hang around for very long after a midweek game and any pies they made too late for half-time would most likely be chucked away or taken home by the staff. Does make you despair sometimes, even if its not our personal potential revenue they're squandering.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
My daughter's friend is a team leader in the wsu catering, and she didn't work Thursday cos of her uni finals, as most third year students are the experienced staff, this maybe the reason it was so bad

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
That is IF he chose to read the thread, which I doubt. However an email from Bozza of anybody else, may give him 2nd thoughts and thus do so.

From my dealings with PB I'm pretty sure of two things:

1. He would have read the thread.
2. It wouldn't have told him anything he didn't know anyway.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
3 of us managed to get several rounds in pretty easily, and even managed to get the boss down over a 'discussion point' about changing a £50 note (which was remedied quickly and with a smile). Whilst the pies were nuked to a point where the filling was still red hot 20 minutes later, overall much more user friendly than recent home experiences. Even the 'tip the bottle to avoid the plastic screen' issue.

That was most likely because we didn't really move more than 10ft from the serving window until the fourth round in 40 minutes!:drink::drink:

And that's the last time I take a nifty to footie! At least the manager was helpful and allowed 2 of us to change them up. Not being able to have a beer would have been DISASTEROUS!!!!!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
My daughter's friend is a team leader in the wsu catering, and she didn't work Thursday cos of her uni finals, as most third year students are the experienced staff, this maybe the reason it was so bad

This will be a perennial problem for the caterers. End of season games will see the most experienced staff absent who then move onto pastures new. Beginning of season games will see an influx of newbies who if they stick it out won't be up to speed until Xmas.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
From my dealings with PB I'm pretty sure of two things:

1. He would have read the thread.
2. It wouldn't have told him anything he didn't know anyway.

Which is fair enough but maybe BG wanted to ask, did, got a response and told us.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Which is fair enough but maybe BG wanted to ask, did, got a response and told us.
My thought was that it was no point moaning and groaning on here best make sure that the person in the best position to do something is aware of the concerns whether or not he does is up to him and we can do no more than make him aware

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make.

I was saying that if someone asked PB to look at this thread I don't doubt he would do so. I was also saying that if there was a widespread catering issue on Thursday, I'm sure he knew before reading this thread.

At no point was I questioning BG's efforts.

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
So have we reached our limit?

It doesn't really matter how busy we are, if we have untrained staff dishing the food/beer out then lost sales will continue to happen.

Is it better than before? Not in my view.

TB

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Unfortunately it wasn't running out of stock is was bad planning, pies ready 7 and 8 minutes into Half Time is just bad planning. Still could have been worse we could have lost ....

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Unfortunately it wasn't running out of stock is was bad planning, pies ready 7 and 8 minutes into Half Time is just bad planning. Still could have been worse we could have lost ....

Basically as a catering franchise if you haven't got pies ready for the start of the half-time rush, having had 40 or so minutes to prepare for that rush, then you should just fcku right off, cos you're no good to anyone :wave:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Despite PB reply how could they have run out of milk and sugar for the coffee in Lower West. That is a basic requirement that is very easy to obtain and store for a long time. The life on the small milk sachets/pots is about 6 months +.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Despite PB reply how could they have run out of milk and sugar for the coffee in Lower West. That is a basic requirement that is very easy to obtain and store for a long time. The life on the small milk sachets/pots is about 6 months +.

Maybe we have a milk snatcher within our ranks

patcham seagulls

Jul 9, 2003
patcham
It absolutely amazes me how many people still sincerely believe that Paul Barber actually gives a shit about the ordinary fan experience.

Trains, ticket prices, food, merchandise all generally perceived as poorly delivered or excessively priced.

Like many other football clubs bhafc has changed it's emphasis before our eyes, and is gradually shifting away from its traditional fan base.

To maximise profits, liberties are constantly taken to reduce staff costs, while prices continue to increase, you have a choice.

There are other food outlets across Brighton, and football clubs across sussex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here