Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] If you could have been in a band, any hand ..... Which band would you have been in?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
As a bass player I wouldn't want to be in the blockheads, the who, the stranglers or the Beatles. Their bass players are quite good enough.

I think I'd be more than a match for Bill Wynman in the Stones though.

Otherwise HP Lovercraft, or Moby Grape, or Caravan or Pink Floyd circa 1968.

:thumbsup:

RIP Richard the drummer who ran a pub in town. Part of the reason I agreed to move to Fav in 89 was that the church field where they lived in a tent at one time is nearby, and Canterbury is down the road (too expensive at the time, and the trains change at Faversham) the sky here is often grey and pink :O

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
For me, there are lots of lovely bands I'd have loved to have been in. Just to be good enough to be in Steely Dan...

I guess it would have been nice to have been Mick Hucknell for all the shagging.

But the winner has to be:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SnlNAzmifM

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Hawkwind in their Glory Years between 1971 and 1973.

I don't suppose I would still be alive of course but to have played on Space Ritual... :rock:

And you would have had the chance to be chums with Stacia :cheery:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
.......or maybe Stereolab......

....I might have liked being in Stereolab.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Velvet Underground for the New York scene, Faces for the craic, Led Zeppelin for the excess.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Apparently RC was a grumpy landlord. He was however an unique and very good drummer. Mrs Zef and I were lucky enough to see one of his last performances with the band at the old Market in2005. Our son was brewing (6months) at the time, apparently he stirred and,kicked from within that evening, and is now a 13 year old, accomplished grade 6 drummer.

y
:thumbsup:

RIP Richard the drummer who ran a pub in town. Part of the reason I agreed to move to Fav in 89 was that the church field where they lived in a tent at one time is nearby, and Canterbury is down the road (too expensive at the time, and the trains change at Faversham) the sky here is often grey and pink :O

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Style Council

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Apparently RC was a grumpy landlord. He was however an unique and very good drummer. Mrs Zef and I were lucky enough to see one of his last performances with the band at the old Market in2005. Our son was brewing (6months) at the time, apparently he stirred and,kicked from within that evening, and is now a 13 year old, accomplished grade 6 drummer.

His missus didn't like him behind the bar....a bit of a thirst. I last saw him play in Canterbury, probably same sort of time. In person, in the supermarket just before he died.

A drummer in the family. May I recommend these

smiley-face-fox-earmuffs_000000000005625006.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here