Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] If you could have been in a band, any hand ..... Which band would you have been in?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As a bass player I wouldn't want to be in the blockheads, the who, the stranglers or the Beatles. Their bass players are quite good enough.

I think I'd be more than a match for Bill Wynman in the Stones though.

Otherwise HP Lovercraft, or Moby Grape, or Caravan or Pink Floyd circa 1968.

Cream as Jack Bruce might be a step too far then?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Charlie in the Stones

Brilliant life, all the fun and debauchery AND you get to deck Mick :thumbsup:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I was in a mates band for one night as they were short staffed and they roped me in last minute, we did a gig at Clair Hall Haywards Heath
Dont remember the name of the band, dont remember the gig itself either.
Its all a bit odd as i dont play any musical instruments, something about free Newcastle Brown .......sure it was fun.........bloody 80`s, everyone was a superstar.

Loved to have been in Big Country, gigs were brilliant.Maybe kept an eye on Stuart Adamson........frack that was sad.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Maybe Guided By Voices of Teenage Fanclub.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Or CAN, or early Roxy Music ..... I think I'd have been great in early Roxy Music.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Pure brilliance. I have many a daydream about playing the second guitar parts in TWR songs, and as for the pentatonic parts on On the Floe.....swoon.

Moonhead has some lovely noodling and punchy drums... for fans of Magazine,Wire, CAN, Roxy Music, 13th Floor Elevators and all things good.

Last edited:

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Moonhead has some lovely noodling and punchy drums... for fans of Magazine, Wire, Husker Du, CAN, Roxy Music, 13th Floor Elevators and all things good.

Absolutely, great album (and eponymous track). For The Posies daydream we'd be playing the whole of Frosting on the Beater and Amazing Disgrace in order.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Absolutely, great album (and eponymous track). For The Posies daydream we'd be playing the whole of Frosting on the Beater and Amazing Disgrace in order.

The Ruby Sea is probably my favourite. I bloody love that album....

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here