Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leicester chairman helicopter crashes in car park

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I'm clearly in a minority on this thread so I'll leave it there as I mean no disrespect whatsoever.

Well, I'm in the minority with you.

And banning people from the thread for expressing opinions others don't care for, or find ill-timed or poorly judged seems a little heavy-handed to me.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

And banning people from the thread for expressing opinions others don't care for, or find ill-timed or poorly judged seems a little heavy-handed to me.

Banning from a thread is far less heavy handed than banning from the board or starting an infraction process that could lead to a ban. It's specifically to stop a particular user dragging a particular thread in to the gutter unnecessarily.

However, the issue here is that LCFC specifically requested on Saturday that people not speculate about the incident, and while that mainly meant the names of the casualties there is also now an ongoing crash investigation and an upset family - one with enough dosh to take the legal route on anything they find inappropriate.

In that specific situation I'm siding with the grieving relatives and Bozza's sanity. Sorry.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Sometimes controversial things need to be said. Sometimes they don't.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Blimey! Do you really need it spelling out?

Ok, I'll try.

This is primarily a football story, not just a tragic accident story, as sad as that story is for the five people who lost their lives and their family and friends.

It's a football story mainly because of what Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha did for Leicester City football club, as well as the wider community there. He is clearly a much loved man by Leicester fans, primarily because of what he's done for their club, especially in winning the title, but also because of the way he conducted himself towards everyone there, and the people of the city in general. How many fans would have been slightly alarmed to see a foreign owner come into their club? How many now can say they are not happy for what he did for their club?

And above all this stands the impossible dream story of Leicester City winning the Premier League. Whatever anyone's thoughts on that, it really did make the impossible possible and give hope to football fans for their own club the world over.

This man is a sad loss to the wider football family if you ask me, and I'm not going to analyse it any further than that. RIP.

This.

Some people (on NSC) are such idiots. Words fail me.

mylesfdo

Jan 25, 2015
There is a post on Facebook indicating the pilot of the helicopter was from Brighton - a former Brighton College student (and his wife was the copilot).

True.....went to school(Lancing) with his brother Hugh, not sure if Eric went to Brighton College but could be likely.

Tragic family as father committed suicide, Hugh suffered from mental illness and also committed suicide, mother passed slightly after and then this with Eric(hero by sounds of it). RIP Eric & rest of deceased Swaffer family.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Somewhat absent from the coverage, but he bought a "lower league" club in Belgium recently just like Tony. One fallen on hard times and needed an injection of cash.

https://www.ohleuven.com/

He's employed Nigel Pearson as manager and they have 3 Leicester players on loan.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

The poster banned wasn't excluded from the thread for 'expressing opinions others don't care for' though, was he? He was banned for making snide allusions about the deceased's character, and (invented) relationships.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Credit where it's due to Sky for stitching Dan Roan up good and proper here (where the footage has come from), getting what was being aluded to into the open and not looking like the bad guys despite creating a story within a story. It's not the sort of thing the Sun could stick on the front page without looking insensitive but now they have carte blanche.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Dan Roan is a horrible smug bloke. Good.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
True.....went to school(Lancing) with his brother Hugh, not sure if Eric went to Brighton College but could be likely.

Tragic family as father committed suicide, Hugh suffered from mental illness and also committed suicide, mother passed slightly after and then this with Eric(hero by sounds of it). RIP Eric & rest of deceased Swaffer family.

The Argus reported that Eric went to Brighton College.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
The poster banned wasn't excluded from the thread for 'expressing opinions others don't care for' though, was he? He was banned for making snide allusions about the deceased's character, and (invented) relationships.

Not invented by the sounds of it, but then who really cares, I'm sure they were all happy and living a life well lived. All you can ask for I guess.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
May well have done! I was at school at Lancing with Hugh his brother and as per post cant confirm if Eric went to Brighton!

As I posted on Sunday - he did go to Brighton College

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
I remember Eric from my days at St Peters School, Seaford. One funny story about him spring to mind, but now is not the right time to relate. My thoughts and deepest sympathy go out to his family. His heroic actions saved the lives of others.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
New video has emerged filming the takeoff from inside the ground (appears to have been taken by a steward). Something went catastrophically wrong very very quickly and appears pilot had no chance.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
So when exactly *is* an appropriate time to mention it then?

Anyway, I'm not sure this is really a national news story. If he hadn't owned a football club, it would have been buried in the local pages on the BBC news site. It's sad of course, but all those pictures of scarves and shirts from clubs that aren't Leicester are a bit scouser-esque if you ask me.

E3C2FA7C-C966-441A-8294-1B8DE5336FFF.png

It had a big impact on the Liverpool fans as well.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here