Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia has had ENOUGH and wants OUT !!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
He got his chance when we signed him.

Like all other players in the squad, it was then up to him to show to Hughton that he couldn't be ignored, and merited a chance. There is no indication at all he has done that, as Hughton seems to have only used him when he has had no other choice available to him.

As I said before, for me the most obvious indication of what Hughton thinks of Locadia is his general reluctance to put him on in latter stages of games when Murray is out on his feet and all logic suggests fresh legs would be a help.

It's ok l'll get off my soap box now. Looks like that number 9 shirt he inherited from Sam might be allocated so someone else in January then.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Here lies the problem 12 months on and nobody knows , apart from maybe the manager and seeing as he dont play him then you have to believe that maybe he’s not good enough . But he’s done this with nearly all the new signings again frustrating for all including supporters , even more so when March plays instead of him if it’s his natural position or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an important point, I think. I was worried when Locadia said he preferred to play on the left (where we already had Izquierdo and March) or behind the main striker (where we already had Gross) as it seemed we had bought a player that we didn’t really need. So when a vacancy arises for a number ten and a winger is played out of position there instead of Locadia, you can see why he feels he isn’t being given a fair chance. Mind you, if he really is ‘top fit ‘ as he says then that is truly worrying.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I clearly said in the line beneath "But we are not"

As you say, who can be angry about it not working out for a number of reasons, it just happens sometimes.
My erk was and is why say he is angry, when clearly there are many factors at play it just shows a complete lack of class.

Hi PF; yes ,I know you said 'but we are not'. I am not disagreeing with you, but perhaps I clumsily took your words to ask the question about whom' we' were.
As for his use of angry, who knows, perhaps his English isn't that good and he should have said disappointed.
Anyway, it is a shame all round and I hope it can be resolved in the best interests of all parties concerned.:thumbsup:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Hi PF; yes ,I know you said 'but we are not'. I am not disagreeing with you, but perhaps I clumsily took your words to ask the question about whom' we' were.
As for his use of angry, who knows, perhaps his English isn't that good and he should have said disappointed.
Anyway, it is a shame all round and I hope it can be resolved in the best interests of all parties concerned.:thumbsup:

Exactly. Send him out on loan to somewhere in Europe and let him prove himself so that we can recoup some of the transfer fee. Nobody is at fault except maybe the recruitment department, and they don’t get many wrong.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I can understand where he is coming from and for me the jury is still out on whether he can deliver but I think everyone has been caught out and it all Glenns fault..but not in a bad way.

If you look at the forward players we have been investing in they are all more suited to playing the 3 up front formation rather than a traditional front 2 and I think that was the direction we were taking but Glenn has been so good in his role that we simple cannot change the formation as it would not suit Glenn's game.

Glad I don't have to make the decisions.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Thing is, we don't know if we bought a duffer really? All we know is that we bought someone who the manager doesn't think is better than GM and GM hasn't been injured.

We had to buy a striker in January, if GM had suffered an injury, Locadia could have saved us and may needed to have done.

I don't think being behind GM makes you a duffer though, GM has been exceptional, beyond anyone's expectations including most likely his own.

£17m as backup to staying in the league was probably a gamble worth taking. Like an insurance policy, you don't know how good it is until you need to claim on it. We haven't really need to make a claim in that regard.

Perhaps I should have said 'a possible duffer'.
Although many on here have already made their opinions clear and I wonder what CH and his coaching team really think!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

It is football, who care who got it wrong, us, him does it really matter, I took umbrage with him getting angry :lolol:

He will be loaned or sold in January, clearly this is his move to get what he wants.

Good luck to him, but don't blame my club, players come and go, he won't be missed.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Last season, Ryan, Propper and Gross in from the first game and ever present when fit. Izquierdo eased in but first choice thereafter.

Jahanbakhsh is now playing regularly, Montoya has done until losing his place in the last few games, Balogun came in when needed, Andone is now getting a look in after his summer injury, Bissouma continues to get game time.

What you've said is simply not true.

The frustration is always that not all signings work. You cannot have a 100% hit rate bringing players in. Since CH took over, I'd say our actual success rate with signings has gone to success levels we've probably not experienced before. And then we get statements like this. :mad:

Ye but we should give everyone a game ya know...I mean they are here for the love of the game :whistle:

We should drop Ryan and give the reserve goalies a run out ..oh hang on that will probably happen in January...scrap that idea

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
As so many have said he just doesn't fit CH's system of 1 up front especially as he admits he's crap in the air. Some signings just don't work out and if he wants to go then let him although I think this will turn out to be our most expensive mistake in his original signing. I think we'll do well to get £14 back for him let alone £14m!

If he is replaced in January then we must go for a target man in the Murray mold as it does appear CH is not for turning when it comes to playing just a loan front man.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Last season, Ryan, Propper and Gross in from the first game and ever present when fit. Izquierdo eased in but first choice thereafter.

Jahanbakhsh is now playing regularly, Montoya has done until losing his place in the last few games, Balogun came in when needed, Andone is now getting a look in after his summer injury, Bissouma continues to get game time.

What you've said is simply not true.

The frustration is always that not all signings work. You cannot have a 100% hit rate bringing players in. Since CH took over, I'd say our actual success rate with signings has gone to success levels we've probably not experienced before. And then we get statements like this. :mad:

Hey Bold have you moved to Chailey?

We've had plenty of duffers through the door since CH arrived.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I take the view that if you pay that amount of money for a footballer then he should be a shoe-in for the first eleven. We seem to have bought a load of expensive squad players but none who are capable of getting on the team sheet. The recruitment team have had a lot of plaudits but you have to question them on the big signings.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I do not understand all this as to me it seem that everybody believes that CH is above criticism because of what he has achieved with us but my question is why did we sign Locadia who obviously does not play in our style and having spent that amount of money on him why haven't we changed our style slightly to accommodate him you wouldn't buy a 2 seater car and expect to use it as a taxi and make money. You would buy a car that was able to be used for that job.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Thing is, we don't know if we bought a duffer really? All we know is that we bought someone who the manager doesn't think is better than GM and GM hasn't been injured.

We had to buy a striker in January, if GM had suffered an injury, Locadia could have saved us and may needed to have done.

I don't think being behind GM makes you a duffer though, GM has been exceptional, beyond anyone's expectations including most likely his own.

£17m as backup to staying in the league was probably a gamble worth taking. Like an insurance policy, you don't know how good it is until you need to claim on it. We haven't really need to make a claim in that regard.

Disagree. We patently HAVE bought a duffer. Might take some well-meaning people longer than others to reach that conclusion, but CH has clearly reached that conclusion already, and that's what counts. If you only throw on the presumed heir apparent to Murray for a starting position in meh cup games and league games where the manager's decided before kick-off that we're going to get nothing out of, then the manager clearly has severe reservations about the player's effectiveness and is clearly just throwing him scraps.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Disagree. We patently HAVE bought a duffer. Might take some well-meaning people longer than others to reach that conclusion, but CH has clearly reached that conclusion already, and that's what counts. If you only throw on the presumed heir apparent to Murray for a starting position in meh cup games and league games where the manager's decided before kick-off that we're going to get nothing out of, then the manager clearly has severe reservations about the player's effectiveness and is clearly just throwing him scraps.

It does look like this is the case, I was trying to be diplomatic.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I do not understand all this as to me it seem that everybody believes that CH is above criticism because of what he has achieved with us but my question is why did we sign Locadia who obviously does not play in our style and having spent that amount of money on him why haven't we changed our style slightly to accommodate him you wouldn't buy a 2 seater car and expect to use it as a taxi and make money. You would buy a car that was able to be used for that job.

Presumably, as someone else suggested, because the club didn't expect Glenn to continue to be so prolific in his goal scoring, and had planned to adopt a different system up front by now, and playing to the strengths of Locadia. But maybe we will never know for sure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here