Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cardiff City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
CH gets a bit of stick for constant statement we "need to be at our levels"

Today we weren't and got what we deserved. Nothing

Found myself almost please Cardiff got a winner - increases chances of Huddersfield, Fulham and Saints all going down

Cardiff could well be this seasons Huddersfield and stay up on team spirit alone

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
CH gets a bit of stick for constant statement we "need to be at our levels"

Today we weren't and got what we deserved. Nothing

Found myself almost please Cardiff got a winner - increases chances of Huddersfield, Fulham and Saints all going down

Cardiff could well be this seasons Huddersfield and stay up on team spirit alone

No, they are awful. They are down, nailed on.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Some of those very exciting attacking players are letting CH down. Izquierdo had several opportunities today to rip them apart and pass .... fluffing his lines every single time apart from his strike. Way off form I'm afraid.

Izzy was poor, but we know his decision making in a bit off, and we know he performs best when the ball is played in front of him, it's this lack of playing to strengths that winds me up. In the second half of last season we knocked the ball in front of him, home and away, and he was destroying teams.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
But we're not in the Entertainment business any more. The club want to survive and they think our negative approach is the way to do it. Entertainment is only a bonus. We've got to get used to this attempt to try to grind points out with dull performances. I see nothing changing any time soon to be honest.
It's not the set up that upsets most people. It's the way we give the ball away cheaply, our lack of passion, ball watching, lack of effort, careless and needless mistakes, poor passing. These are basics. Most of us expect the team to carry these out to some level of competence egardless of our set up

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
With a £120m squad, we should be more than just fine.

This is our 2nd season, how much do you think that the other 17 teams that have also had the same amount of time, if not longer, to invest their tv money into their squad have spent on their team

What about Wolves who have invested heavily for 2 seasons too, buying a lot of Portuguese internationals. Fulham have spent a lot too

Just because we have invested a lot of money so far, doesn't necessarily mean that you've done much more than spent enough to make you a team that may only just survive in the league (I think we will do better than that as i think we will find some attacking form, and sooner rather than later)

It's foolish to think in this league that £120m buys you a top side in the side division and one that should be outplaying the other teams in that league.

There will be evolution of the squad, and hopefully over time we can become more like the team you have already expected us to be but it was never going to be an instant thing, and will take time and patience

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Izzy was poor, but we know his decision making in a bit off, and we know he performs best when the ball is played in front of him, it's this lack of playing to strengths that winds me up. In the second half of last season we knocked the ball in front of him, home and away, and he was destroying teams.

Love him normally. In that second half it was played in front of him, but he failed too look up and completely ignored team mates.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This is our 2nd season, how much do you think that the other 17 teams that have also had the same amount of time, if not longer, to invest their tv money into their squad have spent on their team

What about Wolves who have invested heavily for 2 seasons too, buying a lot of Portuguese internationals. Fulham have spent a lot too

Just because we have invested a lot of money so far, doesn't necessarily mean that you've done much more than spent enough to make you a team that may only just survive in the league (I think we will do better than that as i think we will find some attacking form, and sooner rather than later)

It's foolish to think in this league that £120m buys you a top side in the side division and one that should be outplaying the other teams in that league.

There will be evolution of the squad, and hopefully over time we can become more like the team you have already expected us to be but it was never going to be an instant thing, and will take time and patience

Who said it buys a top side? Please find the quote. Thought so, you can't find it.

But it does give the club a great opportunity, along with the experience of last season, of not being one of the gutter clubs.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Who said it buys a top side? Please find the quote. Thought so, you can't find it.

But it does give the club a great opportunity, along with the experience of last season, of not being one of the gutter clubs.

Of the teams currently in the PL, we are the 5th lowest in terms of investing in players
https://www.transferleague.co.uk/pr...ague-tables/premier-league-table-1992-to-date

I know some may have been invested in previous spells in the PL, but it meant that they had 1) the reputation to bring in quality players when lower down the leagues, and 2) earlier purchased players would have cost less as market values have continued to soar and 3) They may have had players left over from previous PL spell(s) which were brought and retained when they dropped a league, our starting basis was a Championship team (which was only that for a few years when it was previously a League 1 quality side)

Some expect £120m to buy you the type of side you clearly want, one that is full of attacking quality and will be entertaining to watch - i'm saying it doesn't nowadays, even though t may sound a lot of money

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
I've now got to face the plastic manure and pool fans tomorrow at work. Low profile week

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
We haven’t played well since Propper and Gross have been out. Let’s see if that changes when they’re back. At the moment we’re no better than Cardiff or Fulham but are ahead of them thanks to three streaky wins.

We’ve only been the better team in one game all season (man united). So clearly do miss propper and gross, we need one back for Leicester !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Huddersfield and newcastle already winning. Could be a important weekend for us. However, I would have settled for a draw away so only 1 point dropped in my eyes. More worried about performances lately and lack of quality. Gross has been a massive loss. I would like to see Andone play the role behind Murray. March not up to it but would play him on the wing instead of Knockhaert who looks lacking in confidence and commitment. I think kayal has been ok but today he was very poor.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Double bollox, we were worth a point today, grrrrrr

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
that's the trouble ....we seem to be incapable of putting the ball in the right channel .........numerous times today an attack was slowed by the ball being played behind the attacking payer , stopping him in his tracks , i would have thought we could have stitched cardiff's back four up good and proper but we just were unable to string the passes together

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
that's the trouble ....we seem to be incapable of putting the ball in the right channel .........numerous times today an attack was slowed by the ball being played behind the attacking payer , stopping him in his tracks , i would have thought we could have stitched cardiff's back four up good and proper but we just were unable to string the passes together
Our best players at putting the ball in the channel are Gross and Propper........

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here