Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Would be good if we could rebuild with this in mind :albion:

championes.jpg

:bowdown: :bowdown:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
2nd biggest budget in League Two when we won it. We also had a once in a decade/2 decades game changer in Bobby Zamora who was head and shoulders above the other players in the league.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Having a striker who is MILES better than any others in the division is quite useful too.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
2nd biggest budget in League Two when we won it. We also had a once in a decade/2 decades game changer in Bobby Zamora who was head and shoulders above the other players in the league.

But but but Ernest said our chairman was potless and Peter Taylor left saying our budget was derisory

How can two scholars of the game be soooo wrong?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
But but but Ernest said our chairman was potless and Peter Taylor left saying our budget was derisory

How can two scholars of the game be soooo wrong?

i'm not sure they where, Taylor comments came when we were in the Championship.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

Having a striker who is MILES better than any others in the division is quite useful too.

Yes, seems more like a perfect reminder of how the biggest budgets bring success

All of these.

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011

Got him cut price though - £150k wasn't it?

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
i'm not sure they where, Taylor comments came when we were in the Championship.

To be pedantic, he actually said it after we'd got promotion from League 1 to the Championship (though I think they were still League's 1 and 2 then), when he felt it wasn't enough to compete. At the time I thought it was a crap excuse. Afterall, wasn't he meant to be a brilliant coach and tactician, "so get some younger cheaper players and blooming well coach them then", I thought.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
All this has done is remind me that we seemingly have no team spirit or money.

Thanks a bunch [MENTION=205]Tom Hark, Preston Park[/MENTION]

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
But we finished FIRST, clearly punching above our weight.

We finished 6th this season, despite having the 10th to 12th (depending on source) biggest budget so we punched above our weight a lot more. Not that you'd realise that from the doom-mongers on here

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
We finished 6th this season, despite having the 10th to 12th (depending on source) biggest budget so we punched above our weight a lot more. Not that you'd realise that from the doom-mongers on here

Shhh, don't let FACTS get in the way of a good moan.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here