Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF Challenge Match XIII

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It's a damn good cause. Hopefully your boys manage to sneak into the playoffs and win it so we can show the armchair premier fans a real rivalry next year.
I've posted the link up on the Holmesdale Online as well so hopefully should see some more Palace donators from there as well.

Thanks for your support. The Croydon Guardian contacted me yesterday and will be doing an article on the game.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Good man. Can you please enter someone else's email address other than mine for the Twitter account please. I set up the account (as no-one else could be bothered) and I still get all the notification emails.

View attachment 52884

Thanks for your wonderful support to the REMF Bozza. You have made a MASSIVE difference over the years.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Wish I could make it this year but have stuff going on unfortunately. Well done for giving the link Uncle Spielsberg, you giving the link has just elicited £50 from me as usual. Good luck to both sides and hope Palace win.

Nice one! £20 from me added. Making thine and mine the second and third donations respectively...

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I'm happy to support the quiz, the marathon and the golf day.

I know and you supported me with my bike ride last year which gave me a big boost.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Good man. Can you please enter someone else's email address other than mine for the Twitter account please. I set up the account (as no-one else could be bothered) and I still get all the notification emails.

Sorry, I meant in regards to trying to spread the word via retweets from players, celebs etc

I don't have anything to do with the actual REMF account. Perhaps tweet it from the NSC and see if whoever does run it responds?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I know and you supported me with my bike ride last year which gave me a big boost.

I have no idea if this is all of it or not.

Screen Shot 2014-04-18 at 18.47.23.png
Screen Shot 2014-04-18 at 18.47.36.png
Screen Shot 2014-04-18 at 18.47.49.png

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
You and I had a really good chat about this year's REMF fixture on New Years Day in various Brighton hostelries after the Bournemouth game. I was genuinely enthused that this year there was going to be transparency a-plenty that would leave me feeling I wanted to be supportive of the event, as opposed to the usual feeling that I should be.

Once again though, it feels like some sort of secret society that only the blessed few (and their mates) know the magic password to and everyone else is excluded.

I don't know why this happens year after chuffing year.

(Ali - I'm not blaming you. As above - we had a really constructive discussion and man-hug about all of this.)

I went on holiday at a bad time, my bad. But I did take time out to help with REMF whilst I was there. As for the other dig I'll let it go

There is no secret society. I advertised, only on NSC, for new players. Plenty of interest. We have played 2 friendlies where I looked at 9 new players. The last friendly was this week, I named the final squad immediately after. I know me going on holiday when I did was bad timing, but I was still organising stuff whilst away thanks to the wonders of modern technology.

I'm sorry if you feel there was a lack of transparency, it was not meant to come across like that all, whichever way it is done there is a binfest. This is why I decided this will be my last year involved. I don't see why it happens every year, when plenty of people do a great job whilst giving up their free time.

I can't thank you enough for your support over the years with advertising and sponsorship. Most generous of you. It's a massive amount of money that went a long way to helping others.

Anyway, time to crack on with the fundraising - there will be a Facebook, Twitter and media overload

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I went on holiday at a bad time, my bad. But I did take time out to help with REMF whilst I was there. As for the other dig I'll let it go

There is no secret society. I advertised, only on NSC, for new players. Plenty of interest. We have played 2 friendlies where I looked at 9 new players. The last friendly was this week, I named the final squad immediately after. I know me going on holiday when I did was bad timing, but I was still organising stuff whilst away thanks to the wonders of modern technology.

I'm sorry if you feel there was a lack of transparency, it was not meant to come across like that all, whichever way it is done there is a binfest. This is why I decided this will be my last year involved. I don't see why it happens every year, when plenty of people do a great job whilst giving up their free time.

I can't thank you enough for your support over the years with advertising and sponsorship. Most generous of you. It's a massive amount of money that went a long way to helping others.

Anyway, time to crack on with the fundraising - there will be a Facebook, Twitter and media overload

It's not, and shouldn't be, about you Brett. Some examples...

The REMF Twitter account - no mention

Screen Shot 2014-04-19 at 07.53.54.png
Screen Shot 2014-04-19 at 07.54.12.png

The REMF website - mentions "more details of next year's game will be advertised when known"

Screen Shot 2014-04-19 at 07.51.35.png

And as [MENTION=600]Bry Nylon[/MENTION] and [MENTION=205]Tom Hark, Preston Park[/MENTION] mention on this thread - there had been no reference on NSC for weeks and the donation link had not shared until specifically requested.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I never said it was, I never wanted it to be, or never want it to be.

It was coincidence that the link went up on here after they asked. As you point out, I don't go on NSC often. I made the link the day I knew I had to name the squad so that when I announced it I could tell the players to spread the word.

In hindsight, I guess I could have set up the page earlier and asked for money before naming the squad. We live and learn. People were already raising money for the charity like the great quiz night and the amazing marathon team. Anyway I will love ya and leave ya, I'm off to work. Enjoy the weekend x

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I never said it was, I never wanted it to be, or never want it to be.

I seem to have lost the ability to communicate.

I meant the burden of spreading the word should not be all on you. There are enough of us, and I include myself in the 'us', who spend (and probably waste) a lot of time on our various computer gadgets that I'm sure we could ensure that there is a steady and continued stream of news about the match to build up awareness, engage others to make sure that there is little chance of anyone not knowing about it. Because, ultimately, we want people to have pencilled the date in their calendar as early as possible so they are able to come along and give some cash to the charity.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here