Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] On line / Third party ticket sales.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Spoke to a Palace fan last night who told me several fans have bought tickets on-line through a third party agent, I thought this was complete tosh so just checked Google. Tickets available to anyone on two sites tickx.co.uk and ticketbis.net
I know from reading on here that several of our fans had home end tickets for Arsenal and the same for Spurs which is fine if permitted. What I don't get is the police and both clubs have agreed to cap tickets for the Palace and yet they are readily available to all and sundry on-line.
What are the club playing at releasing these tickets to an agent or are our own fans cashing in?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
More than likely fans trying to cash in, as stated the club are clamping down on this big time

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
If people are buying these tickets through third party sites, how does the club know that Joe Bloggs going through the North Stand entrance has bought a vastly over priced ticket?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If people are buying these tickets through third party sites, how does the club know that Joe Bloggs going through the North Stand entrance has bought a vastly over priced ticket?

By checking what the seat number is and telling the stewards on the gate ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Have you ever had your ticket checked for your seat number?

Not at the Amex as a smart card however I would guess the persons purchasing over-inflated in price match day tickets would have a paper ticket so a little easier to work out.

Heaven forbid perhaps they can actually program the turnstile to not open when some tickets are used ?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Not at the Amex as a smart card however I would guess the persons purchasing over-inflated in price match day tickets would have a paper ticket so a little easier to work out.

Heaven forbid perhaps they can actually program the turnstile to not open when some tickets are used ?

Person in front if me at the saints game had a paper ticket which didn't work.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ah! I didn't realise that it tells you the seat number before purchase, I thought it just gave an 'area' eg: North Stand.

Just looked on that tix site and you need a log-on but suspect it will tell you the seat just said "Longside Tier" ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Person in front if me at the saints game had a paper ticket which didn't work.

I am pretty certain you can program a barcode to not work therefore you have to ask a steward

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Club have been refusing entry to up to 100 people at home games this year, all who have bought tickets from unapproved sellers.

The club find out the seat details and then block that ticket from entry. The ticketholder tries to scan in and they are refused.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Club have been refusing entry to up to 100 people at home games this year, all who have bought tickets from unapproved sellers.

The club find out the seat details and then block that ticket from entry. The ticketholder tries to scan in and they are refused.
So you are saying these are fraud tickets and nothing to do with the club or fans selling on to ticket agents or touts? Did I read something about some of our home tickets being sold on Ticketmaster?

I would only buy tickets direct from the clubs as I stated in my OP I know our fans aren't whiter than white in this as supporters have bought direct from Arsenal, West Ham and Spurs but this is an issue with those clubs.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
So you are saying these are fraud tickets and nothing to do with the club or fans selling on to ticket agents or touts? Did I read something about some of our home tickets being sold on Ticketmaster?

I would only buy tickets direct from the clubs as I stated in my OP I know our fans aren't whiter than white in this as supporters have bought direct from Arsenal, West Ham and Spurs but this is an issue with those clubs.

He's saying the tickets were sold by online ticket agents. The club saw the tickets for sale and saw which seats they were for so set the barriers not to allow those tickets to work.

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
32 tickets available on tickx.co.uk for palace and 87 for Liverpool. Why don`t the club buy a few and find out who`s they are...Nothing could be easier !!!

Last edited:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
32 tickets available on tickx.co.uk for palace and 87 for Liverpool. Why don`t the club buy a few and find out who`s they are...Nothing could be easier !!!

Errrrr.........

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here