Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] West Kent / Tunbridge Wells Seagulls

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
We're all stuck out on the edge of the Albion universe with dreadful transport options and no easy train access to The Amex.

Is it worth us having some sort of loose collective to help with transport to home and away games? Does NSC have some means for doing this? Or a Whatsapp?

Perhaps PM me and we can work out a plan.

(I know there is Seagulls Travel - but gets booked up very quickly and not always helpful for midweek games if you're working in London).

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I left Tunbridge Wells many years ago, does the Southdown bus from the War Memorial not go to Brighton anymore then? that is how I got to The Goldstone.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
I live in Tunbridge Wells, I have never used Seagulls Travel, the 29 bus from outside Metro Bank drops off at Falmer Station, takes about an hour and a half, not much different from Park and Ride really, and can have a couple of beers. Sometimes drive, and never a full car, so more than happy to give others a lift. A Whatsapp group is a great idea

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
I/we generally drive these days and park in either Lewes or the lay-by on the A27 (25 mins walk to the ground). I'd happily give someone a lift/have a lift. Stopped using Seagull travel as I think it's overpriced and also I don't like being looked at with such disdain for being the last one back on, especially as you then sit there for another 15mins waiting to go. So a whatsapp group would appeal to me.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
29 bus is great. I've used it plenty of times.Problem with the 29 is that it doesn't run late enough for evening games. I've also used the Seagulls Travel bus, but it gets very booked up.

Just seems like a good idea for those of us coming from TW to have some way of contacting each other.

I'm also going to the Man U game and have spare seats - again, would be useful for those living nearby to know.

D

Deleted User X18H

I worked in High Brooms during the 2014-15 season I used to go via Hastings to get to evening home matches. Very narrow tunnel.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
29 bus is great. I've used it plenty of times.Problem with the 29 is that it doesn't run late enough for evening games. I've also used the Seagulls Travel bus, but it gets very booked up.

Just seems like a good idea for those of us coming from TW to have some way of contacting each other.

I'm also going to the Man U game and have spare seats - again, would be useful for those living nearby to know.

Last one on Sunday is about 6pm from Churchill Square, not much use for a 4pm KO on Sundays !! I would always drive for evening games, but tend to have a few beers, meet people before/after match for drinks on a Saturday/early Sunday, so normally play those by ear

D

Deleted User X18H

Last one on Sunday is about 6pm from Churchill Square, not much use for a 4pm KO on Sundays !! I would always drive for evening games, but tend to have a few beers, meet people before/after match for drinks on a Saturday/early Sunday, so normally play those by ear

So that will get to Falmer at about 6:20pm ???

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
So that will get to Falmer at about 6:20pm ???

Maybe, but I wouldn't know where the Bus Stop is on the other side of the A27, or indeed if there is one, I suppose you'd have to walk a bit towards Brighton to catch it, or get out early and train to Lewes. I always stay to applaud the players off and have a beer, so is no good to me

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
1 of my sons lives in Crowborough and told me once that for an evening game the 29 only gos as far as Uckfield so had to get wife to pick him up there.

Last Bus to Crowborough/T Wells Mon/Sat is 8.30pm so yes, no good for evening games, thankfully less of those in the PL.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Maybe, but I wouldn't know where the Bus Stop is on the other side of the A27, or indeed if there is one, I suppose you'd have to walk a bit towards Brighton to catch it, or get out early and train to Lewes. I always stay to applaud the players off and have a beer, so is no good to me

It stops at the bus stop just outside on the swan on the run down to the dual carriage way so not to far a walk from the ground.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Last Bus to Crowborough/T Wells Mon/Sat is 8.30pm so yes, no good for evening games, thankfully less of those in the PL.

And sadly the last two down services on the train run empty back to the depot at Selhurst so you couldn't even get the bus back to Uckfield and then train the last bit back to Crowborough.

Annoying as I've fallen asleep on that train numerous times. Sometimes the guard/driver are happy to drop you off other times they play the "we're not insured to take you" card. Uckfield isn't the easiest place to get a cab from nor is Crowborough. A couple of months back I wasn't the only person to fall asleep, one lad had meant to get off at East Croydon. He ended up getting us a cab come down from Purley!!

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Do we have a lot of fans in Tunbridge Wells?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Do we have a lot of fans in Tunbridge Wells?

Feels like quite a few despite being targeted by Palace and Charlton in the past.

Perhaps 20 people on the Seagulls Travel bus and always a few on the 29. I've defo seen cars driving down with Albion stickers in window. I've even seen kids in town wearing Albion shirts. So probably quite a few.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here