[Football] Please... someone tell me we aren't 8th

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
8th in the top division.

Am I wrong but is this the highest position we have been in our history?

I remember when mike bailey was sacked we were around that place and was got rid of as we were not playing decent enough football

Even if it isn't not, this is an incredible situation we are in.

:cool::cool::cool::albion2:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I thought I was just being realistic, At least I didn't post that we managed to find a side in the premier league who are worse then us at giving the ball away!. oops, just did

Sensible i’d say...just like CH keeping feet on the ground ....late November into December when we play three of the top six away and one at home...after that lot we might just say thank goodness we got the points we did ....having said all that it’s great to hear all those so called experts change their minds

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Last couple of seasons fighting in a very tough and properly competitive Championship have prepared us very well for this season I reckon. That draw at Boro will prove to be a longer-term blessing in disguise.

Our defence (including it’s organisation and all 11 players) bloody magnificent. How many goals have we conceded from open play in the last few games ?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Sensible i’d say...just like CH keeping feet on the ground ....late November into December when we play three of the top six away and one at home...after that lot we might just say thank goodness we got the points we did ....having said all that it’s great to hear all those so called experts change their minds

To be fair, top six club games are a bonus?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

CH was playing down expectations. But behind the scenes, he'll simply concentrate on each match as it comes, with a game plan to get a result. To frustrate the likes of Liverpool with a deep, packed defence, and try and nick a goal. Any points will be a bonus.

Are you being negative?

Depends on how you look at it really.

I'm ecstatic at our results, but realistic as to our league position until all teams have played the same amount of games.

Haven't bothered to look, but where will we be after everyone else has played 11.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Hey, we're NOT 8th, we're NINTH. So say the BBC and they are NEVER wrong. :tosser:

"Victory for the Seagulls lifts them up to ninth place in the Premier League and gives them back-to-back away wins in the top flight for the first time since 1981 and only the second time in their history."

They’ve got the form guide wrong as well when you look at the actual table

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Depends on how you look at it really.

I'm ecstatic at our results, but realistic as to our league position until all teams have played the same amount of games.

Haven't bothered to look, but where will we be after everyone else has played 11.

At worst 9th. My realism has been knocked up a couple of notches by the shite we are playing. We are one level above that shite.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here