Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Ham travel

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Driving to W London area and catching Central Line Tube. Know some WHU fans and they have all advised against trying to park in the vicinity of the ground.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Yes, me too! I guess it's that early to avoid evening traffic, but god knows what we're going to do for four hours when we get there. Any ideas anyone? I've not been there before, but have heard there's not really a lot on offer around the stadium itself.

A lot of the 'local' places are for home fans only. According to http://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/london-stadium-west-ham-united.html#awhere-to-drink, the Goose pub at 78 Broadway and the Westfield shopping centre (which has restaurants) look like the only options unless you travel to central London.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Interesting. That certainly looks cheaper than four hours at Westfield will presumably be and is a guaranteed space, which I'm far from convinced Westfield will offer unless you get there early. I'll have a proper look tonight - thanks:thumbsup:

I've used Just Park a couple of times, although not for that area, and it's always worked out fine.

(This is no guarantee, do your own research etc etc!)

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Interesting. That certainly looks cheaper than four hours at Westfield will presumably be and is a guaranteed space, which I'm far from convinced Westfield will offer unless you get there early. I'll have a proper look tonight - thanks:thumbsup:

Westfield is surprisingly only £6.50 all day, and you can get it even cheaper if you pre-register (added advantage you don't have to bother with tokens, it's automatically debited to your card) - see 'smart parking' in this link

https://uk.westfield.com/stratfordcity/centre-info/getting-here#CAR

From what I can see the Stratford International car park looks a potentially decent option too, possibly better for getting away (although A12 rather than A13)

https://stratfordintl.co.uk/parking

I'm expecting traffic to be terrible everywhere, but with an 8pm KO there won't be many train options by the time we can get to a mainline station

torchieboy

Jul 11, 2003
felpham, near bognor regis
Yes, me too! I guess it's that early to avoid evening traffic, but god knows what we're going to do for four hours when we get there. Any ideas anyone? I've not been there before, but have heard there's not really a lot on offer around the stadium itself.

5 on seagull travel from littlehampton. On bbc sussex tonight theres a piece on where to drink etc for brighton fans. 6pm i think

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Train up from Hassocks, few beers in Covent Garden, watch the footy (first vist to the OS for me), hotel booked in Stratford, home on Saturday afternoon by train.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Easy one, walk out the hotel and right into Mulligans or such a choice - O'Reillys, O' Neil's or even Flannagans.

Rather a lot of Irish here

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm too much of a bad fan to have had any chance of a ticket, although I'd like to have gone out of curiosity value just to see this horrific stadium, the abysmal atmosphere and the non-view of the pitch.

Getting back would've been an absolute minger though, so I'll either find a barstool or whistle it up on my Firestick with a bottle of red. Jobs a goodun.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I may go to Ebsfleet International - train takes 12 minutes from there direct to Stratford International - thats about 10 minutes strool to the Olympic stadium. Looks like 4 trains an hour.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I may go to Ebsfleet International - train takes 12 minutes from there direct to Stratford International - thats about 10 minutes strool to the Olympic stadium. Looks like 4 trains an hour.

Quite an expensive option. About £30 for parking and the train for one. Add another £17 for each extra passenger with you.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Quite an expensive option. About £30 for parking and the train for one. Add another £17 for each extra passenger with you.

A quick look said you could park for a fiver - need to look in more detail. I just know from going to the veledrome a lot its a pain to get home late from there to Brighton. We often park at Stratford International but the crowds clear a lot quicker after the cycling than I imagine the will for the footy.

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
when the bha divas went to the world athletics in aug, driving diva parked at the o2, then it was a short tube to stratford.... easy peasy! recommend if no other events on at o2

Potentially an option but still then have the arse of getting onto the tube after the game which parking in/near Stratford avoids....it's an easier drive home from there though. No big O2 events on the day by the look of things so non-event parking rates apply

https://tickets.aegeurope.com/theo2parking/prices.html

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
when the bha divas went to the world athletics in aug, driving diva parked at the o2, then it was a short tube to stratford.... easy peasy! recommend if no other events on at o2

We did this for the Athletics too. Parking was £11. At that time of night a2 was pretty quick getting back to m25.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here