Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Everton game in Berlin

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

2 of those have closed (The Oscar Wilde and The Castle) and Blarney is not showing it.

I'm sorry I'm not being much help here but my experience of finding pubs showing Brighton games is pretty negative. There are very few pubs showing Prem games and even if they do and the game is on to it's not a guarantee they'll screen it. I hope someone proves me wrong but I've kind of given up now.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Be aware, although many places may advertise games on their website as being shown, the reality is sometimes different. One bar close to me advertised the Man-City game on their website. I ended up having to twist the barman's arm to turn over from cycling. Albion - Everton will certainly clash with Bundesliga 2 Sunday games which could be an issue in some places. That Finnegan's Bar is in Steglitz, quite a way out the city anyway. The best bet as mentioned above, is probably Belushi's or maybe The Oscar Wilde on Friedrichstraße in Mitte. However, I suspect the latter if they show the game, may have it on a smaller screen with the volume down. Both places are a bit naff imo, but serve their purpose if showing a game. Maybe an email/phone call/visit to the bars before Sunday?

This is pretty much my experience as well. And The Oscar Wild is now permanently shut.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Weird this, we went to Munich a few years back, think it was year 1 at the Amex and West Ham at home was moved to Monday night and we arrived there that morning. Saw a sports bar near the station and asked if we could see the game - no problem.

Went back and sure enough bar lady set it up on one TV and away we went, to the point where towards the end most of the pub TVs were showing the game and quite a few people morphed to our area.

We had an even weirder experience in Budapest when Wednesday:lolol: away was moved to the Monday night. Research via NSC advised a pub and yet again with two smaller kids we watched the game and I think the Coca-cola kid equalised in the last minute queue massive cheering and everyone else wondering what the hell was going on.

There must be a pub somewhere in Berlin showing the game, surely ?

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I'm also in Berlin this weekend.... Do 'hooky stream pubs' exist or similar?

Also any recommendations for 'free' family stuff to do in Berlin aside from the obvious and some food / drink recommendations would be nice. Staying near Potsdamer Platz

Be aware, although many places may advertise games on their website as being shown, the reality is sometimes different. One bar close to me advertised the Man-City game on their website. I ended up having to twist the barman's arm to turn over from cycling. Albion - Everton will certainly clash with Bundesliga 2 Sunday games which could be an issue in some places. That Finnegan's Bar is in Steglitz, quite a way out the city anyway. The best bet as mentioned above, is probably Belushi's or maybe The Oscar Wilde on Friedrichstraße in Mitte. However, I suspect the latter if they show the game, may have it on a smaller screen with the volume down. Both places are a bit naff imo, but serve their purpose if showing a game. Maybe an email/phone call/visit to the bars before Sunday?

I dropped Belushi's an email and they've replied to say they are showing it. So I'll give it a crack, in hope if not 100% expectation!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
2 of those have closed (The Oscar Wilde and The Castle) and Blarney is not showing it.

I'm sorry I'm not being much help here but my experience of finding pubs showing Brighton games is pretty negative. There are very few pubs showing Prem games and even if they do and the game is on to it's not a guarantee they'll screen it. I hope someone proves me wrong but I've kind of given up now.

FYI Harry who works in Belushi is a Brighton fan and from the area so seemed happy to put it on upstairs with sound!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here