Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans Forum next Thursday...are you going?...even if you aren't ....

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
What actually is your complaint there?

That they bother having a (spectacularly good value) U-10 price, rather than charging ALL 'kids' the same?
That the club counts U17/U18s still as kids, rather than only U16 like many places?

There should be a further differentiated price for 11-16 or 11-14 yrs which more reasonably bridging the gap. To charge a child that is required to be accompanied the same as those over 16 is taking the proverbial.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
There should be a further differentiated price for 11-16 or 11-14 yrs which more reasonably bridging the gap. To charge a child that is required to be accompanied the same as those over 16 is taking the proverbial.

Really? The Albion have recognised that the school leaving age has risen to 18 in 2015 so they have reduced the ticket prices accordingly.
Last season 16-18 year olds had to pay full adult prices, do you think that was fair as none of them were working.
Well done the Albion on this one.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

But the under 18 price (which should perhaps be under £19) is circa £15-£20 per match? Surely that's about right (based on the adult prices!)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Are the club going to make any agreements with other Championship sides re away ticket prices ? I think I have seen some clubs already agreeing to a lower price around £20 for the upcoming season. Swansea seem to be leading the way:

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...ters-a-combined-total-of-300000-10375231.html

Swansea are NOT a Championship club, and can afford to do this, as they get a BAZILLION POUNDS per year from Sky.

Really? The Albion have recognised that the school leaving age has risen to 18 in 2015 so they have reduced the ticket prices accordingly.
Last season 16-18 year olds had to pay full adult prices, do you think that was fair as none of them were working.
Well done the Albion on this one.

And have introduced a new 18-21 bracket. Well done club.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Other Championship clubs are also more successful at breaking the FFP rules, going into administration, and being run by shady foreign businessmen.

THIS.

Loads of people seem to equate being 'successful in the transfer window' as spending a lot of money on a lot of players. Its almost as though people want us to be another QPR or, God forbid, bloody Pompey; spending shed loads on crap mercenaries.

I look at this window, thus far (it ain't over yet), and see:

Rosenior - Proven, experienced PL defender.
Bong - Plugging that bloody left back hole.
Hemed - Genuinely exciting in an "the signing reminds me of Ulloa" kind of way.
Hambo - Complete unknown. Could be **** but, on the greener side he could be ****ing great.
Harper - Chased by City and Liverpool a couple of years ago. Potentially the best signing we've made since Vicente.

Others see: cheap, cheap, cheap and probably ****, cheap and probably **** and cheap, too young and will probably fail.

Why so much godamn pessimism and ire?

/RANT.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
THIS.

Loads of people seem to equate being 'successful in the transfer window' as spending a lot of money on a lot of players. Its almost as though people want us to be another QPR or, God forbid, bloody Pompey; spending shed loads on crap mercenaries.

I look at this window, thus far (it ain't over yet), and see:

Rosenior - Proven, experienced PL defender.
Bong - Plugging that bloody left back hole.
Hemed - Genuinely exciting in an "the signing reminds me of Ulloa" kind of way.
Hambo - Complete unknown. Could be **** but, on the greener side he could be ****ing great.
Harper - Chased by City and Liverpool a couple of years ago. Potentially the best signing we've made since Vicente.

Others see: cheap, cheap, cheap and probably ****, cheap and probably **** and cheap, too young and will probably fail.

Why so much godamn pessimism and ire?

/RANT.

None of these signing address the glaring gaps and lack of quality in our first team.

Whose creating the goals, whose scoring them? Other than hoping Hemed is actually any good and recognising that he has never been prolific.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
None of these signing address the glaring gaps and lack of quality in our first team.

Whose creating the goals, whose scoring them? Other than hoping Hemed is actually any good and recognising that he has never been prolific.

There you are, you've got your searching questions. Now get yourself to the Fans forum and have the guts to ask them.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

Sure, I'll concede the gaps aren't filled but none of us, not you, not me, is going to know anything about quality until 19.45 on August 7th; later for some of those signings who are currently injured.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
When the incontinent old gits up there stop pissing on them

I shall inform the Zimmer Crew of your considered view at the next luncheon club. Expect a scooter rally protest outside your abode soon.

Oh, by the way, last year we pissed where we sat. The walk to the toilets was far too tiring. Most people tended not to notice as the stench of crap coming from the pitch was all embracing.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
To mr bloom - when appointing Chris hughton did you expect him to depart from the style of football (4-3-3 or 4-5-1 and the passing possession game) so quickly and are you disappointed that the first team no longer play in the style of the DS and youth sides?

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
It was. The brackets are right though - U10, U16, U21. Very fair. Much fairer than most clubs. Difficult to see any cause for complaint on this.

There is no u16. It is u18. When you move from u10 to u18 your season ticket almost doubles in price (in the North)

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
There is no u16. It is u18. When you move from u10 to u18 your season ticket almost doubles in price (in the North)

At what age do you think the U10 price should increase then and why?

I think less than £5.50 per game for 10-18 who are at school is very reasonable

The increase from under 10 is only £2 per game.

Last edited:

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
But the under 18 price (which should perhaps be under £19) is circa £15-£20 per match? Surely that's about right (based on the adult prices!)

yeah but the u18 band goes all the way to u10. Too wide in my view. There should be u16 or u14 bands.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Instead of just slagging off all of these unknown players or praising them without just cause.

Why doesn't someone ask the question.............How were these players brought to our attention. Was it our scouting system or did we watch thousands of videos and after we have the answer to this question we could ask what was it about those players that put them ahead of others which some fans had hoped would be signed

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

If you mean Hughton needs to make more signings in other areas then you'd be agreeing with Chris Hughton who has also noticed there are gaps and quality in our first team
and last week said
" we’re not shying away from the fact that we still need to bring bodies in to improve the squad.”
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/13489285.Albion_rebuilding_may_spill_over_into_season/

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
yeah but the u18 band goes all the way to u10. Too wide in my view. There should be u16 or u14 bands.

Why? My 17 year old is still in full time education and makes no more of a personal contribution to the cost of his ST than when he was a 11 or 12. What's the difference?

U10. Little kids. Probably not THAT bothered about the game. Sell them cheap to encourage the Dads to come
U18. Kids. No personal finances. Half price tickets (or less in the family stand)
U21. Students / young adults. New price to assist youngsters when their parents no longer fund them.

All good and fair. Find something worthwhile to moan about!

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Why? My 17 year old is still in full time education and makes no more of a personal contribution to the cost of his ST than when he was a 11 or 12. What's the difference?

U10. Little kids. Probably not THAT bothered about the game. Sell them cheap to encourage the Dads to come
U18. Kids. No personal finances. Half price tickets (or less in the family stand)
U21. Students / young adults. New price to assist youngsters when their parents no longer fund them.

All good and fair. Find something worthwhile to moan about!

You think an 18 year old paying the same season ticket price as an 11 year old is all good and fair. I don't. It's no big deal really although I didn't realise that being 16+ in full time education meant that you could not work and make any contribution. I mstakenly thought that was a choice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here