Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hunting ban 'set to be repealed'

Quite a number of children have been savaged by foxes walking into a house in recent years. I would sooner save the children than the foxes.

It's become the excuse of choice for child batterers that one.
"What happened to Tyler's arm?"
"Fox stubbed a fag out on it."
"Good gracious! How did Chelsea break her arm?"
"Fox did it,and it got her pregnant."

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I have read in the papers and heard on the news of many instances, too many to recount.. As I said perhaps a more humane method of culling these worthless animals can be found. Perhaps all those in favour of keeping them alive can tell me what good purpose they serve that I am unaware of.. Why is it that it appears country people want to be rid of them but townies dont.

Badgers are pretty worthless too to be honest. And Otters - what benefit do Otters provide? And voles for that matter - never done anything for me. And shrews. Useless.

Kill them all, I say.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
I have read in the papers and heard on the news of many instances, too many to recount.. As I said perhaps a more humane method of culling these worthless animals can be found. Perhaps all those in favour of keeping them alive can tell me what good purpose they serve that I am unaware of.. Why is it that it appears country people want to be rid of them but townies dont.

What "good purpose" do foxes serve? What a strange and deeply philosophical question. Perhaps you could share with us what criteria you would use to divide the world up into beings which serve a good purpose and those which serve no good purpose (and which should therefore, it seems, be hunted for fun and killed)?
What good purpose does BensGrandad serve come to that, assuming that your sole raison d'être is not simply that of posting provocative messages on a football message board?
Actually I'm not convinced that "country people" serve a good purpose either (and no, voting Tory isn't a good purpose in my book)

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I had a hunt pestering me to let them run on my land a few years back. I have the. A definite no with a lengthy diatribe on my thoughts on the "sport". They were rather nasty people. I built an electric fence and some bolt holes for foxes to get in but not dogs. Perfect little haven for them if they got run that way and an absolute delight to confound the "hunters". If it did an effective job of culling it would be done by working class groundskeepers not monied toffs who see it as pleasure. Nobs.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
soistes;6934219 What good purpose does BensGrandad serve come to that said:
I stand as a good parent and grandfather as my relatives and friends would testify. What 1 good thing does a fox do being a townie born and bred I probably dont know of one.

Lets get one thing straight I have no likes or dislikes of foxes other than the fact one ran at my little dog one night in Haywards Heath main road. which I managed to force away.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
I stand as a good parent and grandfather as my relatives and friends would testify. What 1 good thing does a fox do being a townie born and bred I probably dont know of one.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I suspect that, like you, foxes also breed and bring up offspring rather similar to themselves. Not clear why that has you "serving a good purpose" and them not.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007

You could say the same for a lot of animals. They don't have to have a use to have a right to live!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

Lets get one thing straight I have no likes or dislikes of foxes other than the fact one ran at my little dog one night in Haywards Heath main road. which I managed to force away.

If you weren't so obviously on a wind up I'd imagine you were a bit of a wally.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Everybody must have heard or read of at least 1 child being attacked by a fox and that is 1 too many for these worthless aniimals.

If that's your criteria, then let's rid ourselves of dogs too, I suggest taking your own dog out and dealing with the child killer right now!

Dogs have attacked, killed and maimed far more children and people than foxes, not to mention the shit everywhere. Dog and fox hunting back being legal please!

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Anyway, if this does go ahead it will be quite a sickening indication of the Tory governments priorities.

How this can be thought of as a positive move is staggering. They presumably appreciate it will be massively unpopular but will go ahead with it anyway, presumably just to appease a few thousand animal abusers who are rich and vote Tory.

Dear oh Dear..animal abusers..rich tories..massively unpopular...where do your facts come from ? see below quote taken from "super phil" like you very much in favour of ban but somewhat more rational in his arguments and facts.

"This is not a Tory policy, the president of the Countryside Alliance is a Labour peer and the chairman is a Labour MP, the countryside is not a plaything for the Tories, and never has been."

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I don't think the rural hunts get many urban foxes? Unless the rural foxes commute in during the week, but stay in the countryside for the Sunday hunts?

"Watcha Dave"
"All right cock?"
"Not bad, just been in the back door of number 85. They've got a tasty looking ginger kid in a crib and the other day I managed to nick a packet of Fridge Raiders and blame it on a seagull. What you up to."
"I'm up the new vixen mate. She might look a bit skanky but that's urban pure breeds for you. Filthy as a coal miners face though. Woof."
"Bloody great here innit. What you up to at the weekend? Want to come and eat scraps in the graveyard?"
"Sorry, mate, got to go back to Nether Under The Carpet and get ripped to shreds by the hounds"
"Oh well, next time mate."

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
The fox-hunting fraternity have constantly called for repeal of the ban, on the grounds that the law has not worked.

True, but only because they have arrogantly and flagrantly refused to obey it!

By their logic, because there are still a few scumbags who murder, rape, and drive when they are pissed out of their heads, we should conclude that the laws prohibiting these vile actions have similarly failed (while also being an unwarranted denial of individual liberty by the State), and should similarly be repealed :mad:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
:wrong::wrong:

Dear oh Dear..animal abusers..rich tories..massively unpopular...where do your facts come from ???? see below quote taken from "super phil" like you very much in favour of ban but somewhat more rational in his arguments and facts.

"This is not a Tory policy, the president of the Countryside Alliance is a Labour peer and the chairman is a Labour MP, the countryside is not a plaything for the Tories, and never has been."

This is of course true but it's a Tory government that has the power to do it and wants to do it so I'm saying the Tories are going to have to shoulder a hefty portion of the blame on his one.
Also, regardless of their politics, they are all upper class nitwits who think they should be entitled to indulge their every whim.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
image.jpg

Gus won't be happy.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Quite a number of children have been savaged by foxes walking into a house in recent years. I would sooner save the children than the foxes.

Really? Was this a story in the Daily Mail or Take a Break? I blame the EU - all these Polish and Romanian foxes coming over here, displacing our indigenous English foxes, and driving them out of the countryside and into the towns and cities. B@stards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here