Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Replacements for if Stockdale goes?

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
I'd be very surprised if Stockdale goes now. I think he was holding back as he wants Premier League football. I think it is unlikely he will leave now we can almost certainly offer that (and probably as first choice). I don't see him as the sort of player who would be happy going to Chelsea solely as back up to Courtois.

This
He's had 3 seasons of first team football and I'm fairly sure he likes it on the other hand if dirty come up with us I could see him going there as he's almost certainly first choice and home town club etc

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
This
He's had 3 seasons of first team football and I'm fairly sure he likes it on the other hand if dirty come up with us I could see him going there as he's almost certainly first choice and home town club etc

I would have thought Green would be more than good enough for Leeds in the Prem? I think like us, goalkeeper would be one of the last positions they would be looking at (assuming Stockdale signs a new contract).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Rumours that Chelsea want him as backup to Courtois.

That was a long time ago now, and rumours are always rife in football. Probably no truth in it in the first place.

If he stayed he would pretty much be guaranteed to start every game in the Premier League. If he went to Chelsea he would be lucky to start one or two.

I know which I would choose.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Personally think the first bit of business that should be done is extending the contracts of both Stockdale and Stephens. Both have been instrumental parts in this years success and would hate to lose either.

If Stockdale did leave, then replacing him with a better player would be difficult; there's a lot of mediocre players around and names such as Hennessey, Ruddy and Brad Jones but not many available that I'd personally view as being on a par.

Possibly Rene Adler? Casillas contract at Porto is nearing the end of his contract, but would expect wages would be hefty.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Stockdale should be given the contract that he deserves.....if the other keepers are unhappy then they should leave for somewhere where they are !!!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Adrian - Westham
Hennessy - Palace
Caballero - Man City
Boruc - Bournemouth
Are all out of contract at end of season
Premier League contract expiring end of seasonhttp://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/endendevertraege/wettbewerb/GB1
Championship contract expiring end of season http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/endendevertraege/wettbewerb/GB2

I hate to say it of a fellow Pole, but Boruc is a clown and had a well-known drink problem when he was at Celtic. Goals go past him far too easily even when he's sober. Maenpaa has done nothing wrong and would deserve his chance.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Stockdale should be given the contract that he deserves.....if the other keepers are unhappy then they should leave for somewhere where they are !!!

Once again I ask:-

Chances are 'the contract that he deserves' will cost the club over £1,000,000 extra.

T'is a lot of money.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Victor Valdes?

He won't want to stay at the Smoggies if they're relegated and the weather down here is much more like Barcelona:laugh:

Goberpiles

Feb 25, 2017
After being shit on at Fulham by Martin Jol the lad wants a run in the PL, at 31 he knows that it's with Brighton he isn't going anywhere. I know someone who is related to him and his very happy at Brighton, he has played more games for us since he signed then he played in the previous 6 seasons he isn't about to give all that up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here