Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dale stephens

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Someone tell him to get a nice place in Mid Sussex. That's north enough :jester:

Where I live, the North is deemed t start at Winchester. What's the Brighton equivalent? Haywards Heath?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
One thing is for sure, Stephens will not want to get injured in the remaining part of the season, with no contract to pay out for a long term injury.

Just my opinion, but he probably hasn't played as well this season as last season, and the uncertainty of his contract is probably a big reason why.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I'm not sure any talks have or will be taking place. Dale wants out.

I might be in the minority but I hope the club have a suitable replacement lined up and we cash in come January.

With the standard of recruitment in the last year, I would be very surprised if we haven't got a replacement lined up with the knowledge that he was likely to be off in January.

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
I'm sure I read on here that just before Kayal and Dunk signed new deals they had a full Argus article praising them and did the press conference the week before? Of course I read it on here so I'm taking it with a pinch of salt but it would make sense from a PR point of view I'd have thought.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I heard the same too...but it was more for the protection of Stephens incase of injury in the next few months!

Thats the risk out of contract players take in the final few months. I can't see him doing that even if it's a years extension - he then won't get a signing on bonus if he went etc...?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Thats the risk out of contract players take in the final few months. I can't see him doing that even if it's a years extension - he then won't get a signing on bonus if he went etc...?
We could give him a signing on bonus now instead
Or he could get a bonus from us if sold, that would make up for the lack of signing on bonus.

Either way, problem solved.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here