Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alex Pritchard

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Almost 90 pages of nonsense and speculation.
NSC at it's finest.

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
If it goes through then lets hope hes worth it and if not lets hope hes overvalued - simples really . Clearly no one knows . If a contract is already signed then they cant really pull out without massive consequences - ie he cant play for them

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I repeat a post from yesterday. He played twice in four months for WBA and prior to that was out on loan to EFL clubs. If he is so good why doesn't a Premier club want him. And if the stumbling block is money then boot him out the door.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
A sweeping dismissive judgement of 200,000 people.

Norwich is very like Brighton culturally. Interesting history (once the largest city in the country) and splendid architecture (until some of the 60s planners started pissing around). Respected football club with a local fanbase. All in all, a good place to live. Decent supporters too.

Agreed, Norwich is a fine city in a beautiful region (I may be a little biased !). This deal will come down to wages and the case put by the respective managers. Nothing more I would think.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Agreed, Norwich is a fine city in a beautiful region (I may be a little biased !). This deal will come down to wages and the case put by the respective managers. Nothing more I would think.

Spent some time wandering around the cathedral last time we were there. The castle looked a bit expensive for the time I had. Looking forward to another visit.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
A sweeping dismissive judgement of 200,000 people.

Norwich is very like Brighton culturally. Interesting history (once the largest city in the country) and splendid architecture (until some of the 60s planners started pissing around). Respected football club with a local fanbase. All in all, a good place to live. Decent supporters too.

And Leeds are champions of Europe.
I apologise if my opinion is wrong. Good luck to him, hope he signs for Norwich.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Well that went down like a shit sandwich.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Blue_Boy

Apr 26, 2016
North Of The Wall
Offering terms before agreeing a price with the club.

Or Blackmail.

Or Kidnapping.

Kudos for most imaginative suggestion to date...

Here's my take. Pritchard has spoken to us with his agent AFTER we asked Spurs for permission to do so. We've agreed a fee with the Club & the delay we're sweating on is he now goes on to accept personal terms & hopefully signs for us when negotiations end

Should a Club approach Pritchard or his agent directly without first contacting Spurs for permission then it's deemed an illegal approach. If AP was a free agent then he could be approached directly by any number of Clubs

I see this as a plus because - at present & as far as we know - Pritchard isn't in talks with any other Club. For anyone to hijack our deal they'd need Spurs go ahead to approach him

It wouldn't be unknown for his agent to try to tout him out to other Club's but even if a Club was interested they have to activate a legal means to do so which we have been first to do hence us being in the driving seat.

We'd know if another Club asked Spurs to talk to AP as they'd obviously like a couple of Clubs vying for his signature to up the fee. All we can do is sit back, hope Pritchard wants to play for us & wages etc are agreed with no other Club coming in with the approval of Spurs

Squeaky bum time cos I really rate him for what he can offer now plus if he plays a notable part in getting us up he'll increase in value so our £8m or whatever isn't a gamble

Plausible?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
People may have been a tad dismissive of the 'hunch' tweeter earlier in this thread btw. (not Pritchard related)

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Getting to the time period where you'd expect things to happen, if they are going to.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
People may have been a tad dismissive of the 'hunch' tweeter earlier in this thread btw. (not Pritchard related)

That sounds mildly encouraging.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
And Leeds are champions of Europe.
I apologise if my opinion is wrong. Good luck to him, hope he signs for Norwich.

My point is simple. Norwich, like Cambridge and, to a degree, Oxford, are very similar culturally to Brighton. Norwich, rural, (although technically a port), has completely different aesthetics. I could easily live in Norwich, although I think I would miss the sea. But to say you have issues with the 'people', well, anyone would have to live somewhere for a decent period of time to make that assessment. Even then it would only be based around a limited experience. Nowhere is without merits. Okay, Croydon, maybe.... :)

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I repeat a post from yesterday. He played twice in four months for WBA and prior to that was out on loan to EFL clubs. If he is so good why doesn't a Premier club want him. And if the stumbling block is money then boot him out the door.

Re no premier club interest ..couldn't you say the same about Kayal..Stephens et al before they came here?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here