Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The worst thing you have ever smelt???

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Gangrenous Anal Cancer whilst working in theatres at Birmingham Heartlands Hospital.

Believe me if any disease deserves the title of smelling like death, as it is death its Cancer.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Festival fanny,
Truly shocking.

I concur with this during the last outs of Glastonbury i believe in 96.
Especially with a bird who had the painters in too.
I wasn't choosey even when i was young thin and handsome ha ha ha !!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Some mentioned already but:

Durian fruit.
"Stinky tofu", a Taiwanese delicacy that smells like fermented shit crossed with blue cheese.
The Fast Ferry between Caen and Portsmouth, three and a half hours of constant vomiting from every single person on board except me, about three other adults and the crew.
Running past the sewage works on Basin Road south on a Sunday morning.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Our ship encounted a barge 20 odd miles off Da Nang, Vietnam, during the evacuation that contained 30-40 dead adults. Pretty awful. I can still smell it.
Also, when on the old Ark Royal, we hit a dead, decomposing whale.Thats a special smell as well. Have experienced nothing to compare to either of them since.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Classmate of mine at the desk behind me threw up when I was about nine or ten. Never seen so much puke, or encountered such a rank smell. We all evacuated the classroom and sent him up to the sick bay (this was a boarding school). We came back the next day, and the combination of disinfectant and puke was still there, plus the exact outline on his desk. Makes me feel ill just thinking about it (trust this thread to come up just after I've been off work with a stomach bug myself). Another time was at Ardingly. We didn't have classrooms for use outside lessons, but these big study rooms, where the whole year from a house worked. Someone spilt some grated parmesan on the floor, just as the weather was warming up. Although the cleaners got rid of the surface spillage, it had got ground into the carpet. After a while, the study began to smell like the classroom I've described above. Mind you, the smell of a decomposing rat, which I've encountered both at home (we live next to a wood, so get them in the garden) and at work, where I co-ordinate pest control, takes some beating.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I emptied the organic recycling mini bin into the compost. It had been left for a while and was getting more and more compacted. I donned rubber gloves and handballed out the gop. The last handful was putrid, liquid rot and I instantly threw up over my hand back into the bin so that now smelled of really, really rotting veg and my half digested lasagne. I almost hurled again.

One of the most dangerous things in your garden. Be exceptionally careful when turning this sh*t over.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/2116523/Gardener-killed-by-fungus-in-his-compost.html

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
The Sulfer on White island volcano in New Zealand, we had to wear breathing apparatus and I took mine off to see just how bad it was and I threw up straight away.

Didn't know you could visit White Island, I could see it from the top of Mt Tapawera where the explosion happened in the 1880's. Sliding down a mountainside for hundreds of feet is unreal, it's like being on sticky ball-bearings. But no smell there, unlike in Rotorua.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
In second place to the barbecue chicken dish is years ago I was sent home ill from school, after a while I felt a little better so I ate my packed lunch on my bed, after a while I noticed that I had knocked the tupperware it was in under my bed with some orange peel and some bread crusts in it, because I was ill I couldn't be arsed to go and find it straight away, but I forgot about it the next day, about 2 months later I noticed a nasty citrus like smell in my room that was so intense (probably because of spores) that I had to have my window open 24/7, a month later I eventually realised what it was, when I found the lunch box the contents had turned into a malt vinegar coloured liquid that filled about a quarter of the box, when removing the lunch box I spilt some of the liquid on a blanket, it smelt like a combination of that decaying citrus smell, athlete's foot, really nasty puke, and maybe just a hint of vinegar. :sick:. Needless to say I disposed of that tupperware and that blanket had to be washed a few times to get rid of the smell and stains that liquid had created on it, ****ing nasty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here