Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls Player (Again) Brighton V Birmingham 11th Jan - Please read if you use commentary

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
Listened on iPhone then iPad when iPhone stopped working iPad wouldn't work either.
Went to PC working fine, which is what you'd expect after the club got involved with this service a few weeks ago, too many people are confussing the two, don't ask me how but they are.
The clubs back up service should mean that Player on the PC should no longer be a problem.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The iOS app started a minute late, but apart from that I listened to all of the commentary whilst shovelling snow from the drive.
Treat yourself to a snow blower :bigwave:

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
listened to the 1st half on my pc no problem.

Then went to bed and was listening on my iPhone on the FL app. Was fine until about 10 mins before the end when it just went dead. Nothing.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
listened to the 1st half on my pc no problem.

Then went to bed and was listening on my iPhone on the FL app. Was fine until about 10 mins before the end when it just went dead. Nothing.
I had similar happen during the Reading game-with an added annoyance. I gave Perform the benefit of the doubt and re-booted my tablet in case the problem was at my end. Went to log in, I could get in and after 5 attempts found myself locked out and needing to email customer support. Received a reply at 4:15pm telling me my account had been re-set so I could access Player again. In the email I was told that commentary was not available on Android devices-despite me telling them that I had been listening on Android until it suddenly died on me. They are frigging clueless at Perform. The sooner they are kicked out, the better.

Last edited:

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
I listened for most of the match on the iPhone (4 with latest iOS) and it worked fine (including last ten mins) - although 30 seconds behind what Johnny Cantor was saying just in front of me.

Anyone who had problems, please email or DM me with phone model and operating system.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I had similar happen during the Reading game-with an added annoyance. I gave Perform the benefit of the doubt and re-booted my tablet in case the problem was at my end. Went to log in, I could get in and after 5 attempts found myself locked out and needing to email customer support. Received a reply at 4:15pm telling me my account had been re-set so I could access Player again. In the email I was told that commentary was not available on Android devices-despite me telling them that I had been listening on Android until it suddenly died on me. They are frigging clueless at Perform. The sooner they are kicked out, the better.

This in itself is a major problem. The advert on the main site citing "multiple devices" should contain a warning.

Access your account on two or more of your devices (note use of your) during a game and Perform lock you out

Since it take them ages to respond, the game (literally) is up.

This unfair usage policy was the major reason I dumped them.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I listened on iPhone and had same experience as Insider (although I wasn't sitting so close to Johnny Cantor).

I suspect the issue with multiple devices is similar to that of Sky Go, where they restrict use of the account to two to prevent people allowing others to take advantage of their subscription.

Perhaps Perform should increase the number of authorised devices to (say) five, in a similar way that Apple do with iTunes.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I listened on iPhone and had same experience as Insider (although I wasn't sitting so close to Johnny Cantor).

I suspect the issue with multiple devices is similar to that of Sky Go, where they restrict use of the account to two to prevent people allowing others to take advantage of their subscription.

Perhaps Perform should increase the number of authorised devices to (say) five, in a similar way that Apple do with iTunes.

Except it's nothing like that as there no registering of devices. Doing so would mean Perform have a sensible modern rights policy and the technical means of doing so.

I've been locked out using 2 devices, logging in out trying to get the sodding thing to work.

... And not simultaneously.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Except it's nothing like that as there no registering of devices. Doing so would mean Perform have a sensible modern rights policy and the technical means of doing so.

I've been locked out using 2 devices, logging in out trying to get the sodding thing to work.

... And not simultaneously.

Fair enough. They are a shower.

luge

Dec 18, 2010
Not much worked for me but I'm in a russian outpost with dodgy wifi. Laptop better than galaxy s4. In better reception as of next week so will hopefully have a better guide then.

gullty

Oct 24, 2003
Edge of the World
Thank you for your email.

We have reset your account.

If you are using the same username to log onto 4 times within an hour, on the 4th time you will get locked out.

Best regards

Ruth

Customer Services..........I was trying to make it work on SGS1,SGS3 and Nexus7 at half time before rejoining using computer. Consequently missed entire second half. Busturds.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Thank you for your email.

We have reset your account.

If you are using the same username to log onto 4 times within an hour, on the 4th time you will get locked out.

Best regards

Ruth

Customer Services..........I was trying to make it work on SGS1,SGS3 and Nexus7 at half time before rejoining using computer. Consequently missed entire second half. Busturds.

And there you have it. Happened to me in exactly the same way.

For gods sake don't even think of going through your devices in the belief that it must be something wrong your end !

You end on Performs naughty step asking them to reset your account.

That experience a few times caused me to cancel and I won't think about rejoining unless it can be proved to work.

Had a chuckle at the ads played half time on the screens at the Amex for player using footage of access via mobile devices.

Jan 6, 2014
Samsung
S4
Software Version - 4.3
Football League app, it's unworkable on Chrome, the club website breaks my browser
I have the latest version

This has happened all season, it says it has failed to connect to club feed. I am cancelling my subscription after this year as I am going to be in the US for the majority of the time with only my phone as a solid internet base for a long time. It's not worth the money for something that doesn't work anymore.

If its any consolation, this is the exact same problem I have. Did it ever work? The reason I ask is that this did work last season but has not worked once this. The strange thing is this should work on 4.3 as well.

As for me, I tried the app and got the above issue on Samsung Galaxy Note which is on 4.1.2 and ended up listenening to the game on BBC WM as I live near Coventry

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
If its any consolation, this is the exact same problem I have. Did it ever work? The reason I ask is that this did work last season but has not worked once this. The strange thing is this should work on 4.3 as well.

As for me, I tried the app and got the above issue on Samsung Galaxy Note which is on 4.1.2 and ended up listenening to the game on BBC WM as I live near Coventry

It worked all last season for me too!

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
I can't be 100% sure but I seem to remember it all started going wrong when there was a FL App update, does this ring any bells with anyone else ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here