Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Harry Kewell sacked by Notts County 10 weeks into 3 year contract

manintheblackpajamas

Oct 30, 2006
Gary Chivers too. He played it off their man and couldn’t believe it when the ref (Elleray, I think?) gave a corner. Apparently he bumped into him in a restaurant after they’d both retired and gave him such a mouthful that Elleray was forced to leave. Good for him.

Heartening to hear! I think it was the first time I had encountered TV replays in the concourses at half time. Showing it there multiple times did not help matters.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
He seemed to be going places at creepy Crawley, thought it was strange to leave for a club lower in the league.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Notts County are a bigger club.

Seems like they're suffering a severe post-Playoff hangover this season though. Nolan came in and saved them from relegation in 2017, then they finished 5th last season under him. OK they had a terrible start to this season, but sacking Nolan before August was out was a ridiculous decision, and now he's compounded it with this whole Kewell fiasco.

Hardy is a successful businessman so he's clearly not stupid, but its astonishing how many owners seem to take leave of their senses when it comes to running a football club.

I agree. I think sacking Nolan in August was probably a far worse decision than sacking Kewell.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I agree. I think sacking Nolan in August was probably a far worse decision than sacking Kewell.

Hardy already had the hump with Nolan from the back-end of last season, after they slipped out of contention for the automatics and "ended up" in the Playoffs, where they lost to Cov in the semis. Given where they were in January 2017 when Nolan was appointed though, that was a damn fine season, even though it ended in disappointment. You'd think that would've afforded him a bit more time to turn it round this year, but nope.

I thought it was only calamitous clown-car jokers like CPFC2010 that binned off managers in August. Clearly not.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Never forgiven that club for employing Lee Hughes!

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I'd take a redundancy payment of 12 months pay.

Not eligible and given he's been working for such a short time I'd guess he's not going to get a great deal, maybe a pie?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here