Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Politics (or is it?) Iceland Advert

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Should never have been banned. As it happens, thanks to NSC, I have watched it and over the weekend I went through all our cupboards to check if we had anything with palm oil in it - we did and I will be replacing those products with non-palm oil versions as soon as they run out. Never knew how damaging it was ...... and for that reason alone it shouldn't have been banned.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Amazing PR from Iceland.

As established, they didn't make the advert. They would have known it wouldn't get cleared for TV, given the established rules. It's not Christmassy in anyway whatsoever.

And the world is literally calling it "Iceland's banned Christmas ad". Incredible.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Should never have been banned. As it happens, thanks to NSC, I have watched it and over the weekend I went through all our cupboards to check if we had anything with palm oil in it - we did and I will be replacing those products with non-palm oil versions as soon as they run out. Never knew how damaging it was ...... and for that reason alone it shouldn't have been banned.

if you drive a diesel you might want to look at how much palm oil is blended into that.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
Amazing PR from Iceland.

As established, they didn't make the advert. They would have known it wouldn't get cleared for TV, given the established rules. It's not Christmassy in anyway whatsoever.

And the world is literally calling it "Iceland's banned Christmas ad". Incredible.

Absolutely this. They knew it would be banned and realised not having an advert but lots of chat about it was a better strategy. People now associate the palm oil issue with Iceland. Job done!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here