Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Doing the Windsor Olympic triathlon for the 3rd time next June. [MENTION=23419]penny's harmonica[/MENTION] will be there. Be a junior, mini, Sprint Tri for you. Interested? Any other runners interested? [MENTION=643]nwgull[/MENTION]?

Will need to reassess my fear of a 10K and embrace the ****.

Yeah, I'd possibly be up for that. I've always loved the Mid-Sussex Tri and I haven't done it for years, so I'll deffo be giving that a crack. But an Olympic and probably a 70.3 will to be in the diary for next year. I looked at the Brighton Tri and I think the course would bore me to tears. Although the Brighton Marina one looks good – odd distances, though.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Yeah, I'd possibly be up for that. I've always loved the Mid-Sussex Tri and I haven't done it for years, so I'll deffo be giving that a crack. But an Olympic and probably a 70.3 will to be in the diary for next year. I looked at the Brighton Tri and I think the course would bore me to tears. Although the Brighton Marina one looks good – odd distances, though.

Brighton looks really boring to me. Burgess Hill on the other hand has a nice bike. When did you do the Mid Sussex? I did it from about 2004 to 2009.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Brighton looks really boring to me. Burgess Hill on the other hand has a nice bike. When did you do the Mid Sussex? I did it from about 2004 to 2009.

A bit after that. First one was in 2012, then 2013 and 2014. Don't think I've done it since then!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
8X800m each one 10m longer than last done at same or faster pace. 45 seconds recovery. 6:22 pace.

Nearly did it. Started to slip behind group on lap 6 by 20m, same 20m for lap 7(got less recovery due to that). Stayed with same gap for first lap of final interval, at which point they legged it and left me 130m behind on at the finish. Despite me almost finishing on target for exercise:same or faster pace.

This is all well and good but I was in the B group for 21+" 5k ...............

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
8X800m each one 10m longer than last done at same or faster pace. 45 seconds recovery. 6:22 pace.

Nearly did it. Started to slip behind group on lap 6 by 20m, same 20m for lap 7(got less recovery due to that). Stayed with same gap for first lap of final interval, at which point they legged it and left me 130m behind on at the finish. Despite me almost finishing on target for exercise:same or faster pace.

This is all well and good but I was in the B group for 21+" 5k ...............

6:22 pace - by my calculations that’s something like 19:45 for 5k. Seems quite a step up for a 21min + group even at shorter intervals? Great effort to keep up.

Hate that when people sprint away on the last interval - not supportive of others and says they were in too slow a group to me.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Bright10 race info has popped in to my inbox this afternoon. First time I've been excited about a race pack in a long while. Course looks fairly similar to three years ago so only the conditions and my own preparation to take in to account in my PB attempt.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Bright10 race info has popped in to my inbox this afternoon. First time I've been excited about a race pack in a long while. Course looks fairly similar to three years ago so only the conditions and my own preparation to take in to account in my PB attempt.

Good luck, GB. First year I've not done it! As I remember, the first year was the best route, before they started tinkering...

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Knocky are you a recent sign up to arena 80? Might see you there next month.

Although I went along to the cross fit gym near Shoreham Port this evening and tempted to put some focus into that before starting BM training in January as I think it will help my stamina for both running and swimming.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
What a great evening for running tonight. Lovely sunset, barely any wind and a crisp and clear night.

10 miles for me which is good prep for Barns Green Sunday after not running at all for 7 days.

Busy few weeks with entries for the HM at Barns Green and then Bright 10 which I'm also looking forward to, as 10 miles is my favourite distance and if conditions are good it can be attacked.

Haven't signed up for Arena 80 but will once I'm through the next two weekends.

Mince Pie & Downland Devil entires are also open. Two superb tough off-road races in December

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Knocky are you a recent sign up to arena 80? Might see you there next month.

Although I went along to the cross fit gym near Shoreham Port this evening and tempted to put some focus into that before starting BM training in January as I think it will help my stamina for both running and swimming.

A recent convert. £6 membership till April and usually £2 for a Withdean track session. Induction session free and this weeks free for some reason. The all weather track is good for my old bones but the 6 or 6.20 start maybe too early for some and a Monday track session is hard to follow a Sunday long run. I'm currently doin a 6 week 5k training plan Where I give priority to Monday.

There would be more to offer our NSC Super Egos as you'd be competitive in the Super Series League.

Winter strength training is always beneficial.
See you at Withdean

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Quick heads up, a friend of mine who is currently being treated for breast cancer is organising a Macmillan coffee and cake sale morning after Hove Prom Park Run on Saturday. Weather looks good on Saturday so it would be great if any of the NSC parkrun contingent can support.
Maybe a good opportunity for some of our Cto5k runners to make their debut - they always have walk/jog pacers there.
Hope to see you there.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Quick heads up, a friend of mine who is currently being treated for breast cancer is organising a Macmillan coffee and cake sale morning after Hove Prom Park Run on Saturday. Weather looks good on Saturday so it would be great if any of the NSC parkrun contingent can support.
Maybe a good opportunity for some of our Cto5k runners to make their debut - they always have walk/jog pacers there.
Hope to see you there.

I'll be there. In fact it's my turn to pay for quite a lot of you....I don't want a reputation as a tight wad!

Let me know if she wants to borrow the beach hut to continue after Parkrun morning.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Hope to see you there.

I'm going to be away so won't be able to make it - if you lob a tenner in the bucket for me I'll pay you back on Friday at the WHU game if that's OK ?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I'll be there. In fact it's my turn to pay for quite a lot of you....I don't want a reputation as a tight wad!

Let me know if she wants to borrow the beach hut to continue after Parkrun morning.

That’s kind of you

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Hope to see you there.

Even I would be tempted to pop along to the Prom for that. I'll see as time is a bit tight now that Jnr Bobkin has football training on Saturday mornings. Hopefully I'll make it, but if not, I'll donate at a later date.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
I'm going to be away so won't be able to make it - if you lob a tenner in the bucket for me I'll pay you back on Friday at the WHU game if that's OK ?

Thanks - will do- I’ll be in Budapest for WHU, also away for wolves so Leicester may be next time unless I see you running or on a train!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here