Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ian Holloway

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I can't believe this has not been mentioned on here! But did anyone else see Ian Holloway at the game on Saturday? And more importantly why was he getting the train back to Brighton with the plebs ?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Missed him.

tenor.gif

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Heard him on the radio on the way to the Amex going on and on about Mitrovic, the rest of the Fulham team and some bobbins about chocolate brownie and ice-cream. Apparently he was covering the game for Talkshite.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Saw someone give him a bag of oranges and a sharp knife, maybe he could do a job for the Albion?

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Don't mind Holloway at all. Seems like an honest bloke who's always tried to enjoy being part of the football industry. His Palace association is fading into distant memory for me.

Saying that, I don't EVER want him managing Brighton.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Don't mind Holloway at all. Seems like an honest bloke who's always tried to enjoy being part of the football industry. His Palace association is fading into distant memory for me.

I used to enjoy his jolly old Wurzel schtick when he was at Blackpool etc, but he really blotted his copybook with the Poo gate saga, and it’s aftermath.

To not come out and admit the truth, and let our club take the blame, even after the event, he lost any respect or admiration I had for him. I hope he never gets another managers job in football.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I used to enjoy his jolly old Wurzel schtick when he was at Blackpool etc, but he really blotted his copybook with the Poo gate saga, and it’s aftermath.

To not come out and admit the truth, and let our club take the blame, even after the event, he lost any respect or admiration I had for him. I hope he never gets another managers job in football.

harsh and fair......is that even possible ...???

Monkey Man

Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there

Yes, fair enough, though I don't know for sure that he ever did know the truth or thought much about the poogate thing after that play-off game. Poyet apologised to him at the time (as I recall) and perhaps Wurzel left it at that.

Happy to be corrected but I think the truth of what actually happened may have emerged after Holloway had left Palace.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Yes, fair enough, though I don't know for sure that he ever did know the truth or thought much about the poogate thing after that play-off game. Poyet apologised to him at the time (as I recall) and perhaps Wurzel left it at that.

Happy to be corrected but I think the truth of what actually happened may have emerged after Holloway had left Palace.

He made an awful lot of noise about it at the time, and I still know supporters of other clubs that believe it was down to the Albions staff. He could have made a statement when the truth came out and cleared up the whole matter, as it was he kept schtum and let us take the blame.

Monkey Man

Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
He made an awful lot of noise about it at the time, and I still know supporters of other clubs that believe it was down to the Albions staff. He could have made a statement when the truth came out and cleared up the whole matter, as it was he kept schtum and let us take the blame.

I certainly think the Palace hierarchy have a case to answer here. I know football rivals always think the worst of each other, and for the most part it's just theatrics. But Palace really exposed itself as a shabby and mean-spirited club over the whole poogate thing. I've got no time at all for Parish.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.

Likewise, though I never enjoyed his Blackpool japes either. He thought he was so alternative.

For me I’ve just found he’s never spoken well of us. Always siding with whoever we’re against. Happy to be corrected however.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I like Ian Holloway. He's harmless, wears his heart on his sleeve and is one of football's good guys.

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
Spent about 15 minutes chatting to him in the queue, said that he'd have driven but parking was a nightmare so wanted to keep his car space back in town, was off into town to have dinner with his wife, said he wasn't really looking for another job as he has 6 grandkids and wanted to spend time with them.
It was nice to chat to a manager in a really normal situation.

Reactions: SAC

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here