Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Tomer Hemed's emotional Facebook post

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It would be very sad to see him head into a bottom three Championship club like Baldock.

He is without doubt, a top player in that league and not too far behind Murray.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Hmm , odd posting at 1am if he wrote that. If it was one of my family doing all that then I'd be a bit concerned.

We need to keep him as our striker situation isn't great IMO .

That said if he needs to play then no issues going to QPR. Bang some goals in , enjoy London living. Good luck to him. The championship is a good place to play top or bottom and QPR are a proper club with a decent enclosed ground.

tubby

Aug 15, 2008
At the supporters club AGM last night Paul Barber said that we are likely to hear news on Tomer in the next 24 hours. If he goes I wish him success and we should thank him for, what seems to be, not jeopardizing team spirit by throwing his toys out of the pram although he may have been doing so out of the public eye.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
At the supporters club AGM last night Paul Barber said that we are likely to hear news on Tomer in the next 24 hours. If he goes I wish him success and we should thank him for, what seems to be, not jeopardizing team spirit by throwing his toys out of the pram although he may have been doing so out of the public eye.

So, with Hemed and Schelletto likely going our squad will be at least one short of 25.
Any insight into how we'll name a 25 man squad?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Good luck at QPR Tomer,hope you and Nakhi score a shedload.Sounds like Schssteve is going all out Kevin Keegan,instead of sorting his leaky goal.Will Buckley is at the top of the Championship with Bolton so there's hope for everybody!:thumbsup:(he even scored last night)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

That post, having been translated, is hardly throwing his toys out of the pram. That would indicate a tantrum in anger, but talking emotionally about hopes and fears is not a tantrum.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Agree with that - although I'm still convinced the 'stamp' was caused by gravity, not intention.
If it was intentional I doubt he'd have said it wasn't in his post. He'd either have not mentioned it, or said he made a mistake. I don't think he's the type of person or player to feel the need to lie about it now.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I take a different view on the post.

And don't get me wrong. I love Tomer Hemed as a footballer. Behind Jamie Murphy and before the arrival of Bissouma, he was my favourite player in a Brighton shirt. Strikes the ball well. Heads it well, leads the line well and when defending from the front he cuts off passing angles for the opposition really well and scored a lot of important goals and was cool as a cucumber with penalty taking.

That said, the post was slightly self indulgent. It read like his Wikipedia page simply listing the highs of his career at each stage in his career. The ban he got for Brighton where he lost his place. I found it difficult to judge whether the ''stamp'' was intentionally. I of course came down on his side because he was a Brighton player and I really like him as a player but I can also see why the panel who banned him might have seen it another way.

He was unfortunate, Glenn Murray came in and started scoring - It became difficult not only for Hemed but even other strikers to prise the Striker Position away from Murray and that continues till even now. Tomer got a few chances coming on as sub after that and when you are a sub you need to make an impact from the bench. Tomer didn't quite manage it.

He is 32 and Murray is 34 - The new strikers are younger. We need to progress and get better and Tomer looks like he might be the next casualty of the ''Brighton Progression'' much like Jamie Murphy, Sam Baldock, Calderon, Reossenior etc have been . I personally would still play Tomer over Murray even now but I can understand why the Manager doesn't. Just look how Murray took that goal on Sunday. It was sublime. You can't take Murray's place from him when he in that sort of form.

That article is well written and it actually looks like it was written by a ''third party'' who is slightly aggrieved at how this last year has panned out.

If Tomer leaves I would be sad. He has been great for Brighton but much the same way as I felt when Jamie left . Brighton are ahead of what they both have to offer moving forward (and I say that with a heavy heart). Wherever Tomer ends up I will always look on him very fondly. He played his part in Brighton's current success but he is not the Brighton future I don't think.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Hope he stays - going to QPR would be a huge mistake

Why? QPR have scored 2 goals in 4 games. Where better to be seen to make a real difference? Start banging in the goals and he'll soon be worshipped like a GOD up there. As he's so fond of saying "in the end, you, just you, will determine how your career will look!". Time to walk the walk.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I take a different view on the post.

And don't get me wrong. I love Tomer Hemed as a footballer. Behind Jamie Murphy and before the arrival of Bissouma, he was my favourite player in a Brighton shirt. Strikes the ball well. Heads it well, leads the line well and when defending from the front he cuts off passing angles for the opposition really well and scored a lot of important goals and was cool as a cucumber with penalty taking.

That said, the post was slightly self indulgent. It read like his Wikipedia page simply listing the highs of his career at each stage in his career. The ban he got for Brighton where he lost his place. I found it difficult to judge whether the ''stamp'' was intentionally. I of course came down on his side because he was a Brighton player and I really like him as a player but I can also see why the panel who banned him might have seen it another way.

He was unfortunate, Glenn Murray came in and started scoring - It became difficult not only for Hemed but even other strikers to prise the Striker Position away from Murray and that continues till even now. Tomer got a few chances coming on as sub after that and when you are a sub you need to make an impact from the bench. Tomer didn't quite manage it.

He is 32 and Murray is 34 - The new strikers are younger. We need to progress and get better and Tomer looks like he might be the next casualty of the ''Brighton Progression'' much like Jamie Murphy, Sam Baldock, Calderon, Reossenior etc have been . I personally would still play Tomer over Murray even now but I can understand why the Manager doesn't. Just look how Murray took that goal on Sunday. It was sublime. You can't take Murray's place from him when he in that sort of form.

That article is well written and it actually looks like it was written by a ''third party'' who is slightly aggrieved at how this last year has panned out.

If Tomer leaves I would be sad. He has been great for Brighton but much the same way as I felt when Jamie left . Brighton are ahead of what they both have to offer moving forward (and I say that with a heavy heart). Wherever Tomer ends up I will always look on him very fondly. He played his part in Brighton's current success but he is not the Brighton future I don't think.

I wonder why you think it has been written by a third party? Is it because it is well written?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
That post, having been translated, is hardly throwing his toys out of the pram. That would indicate a tantrum in anger, but talking emotionally about hopes and fears is not a tantrum.

I agree with this.
TH is just airing his thoughts and views, with the hope that people will read it.
It's obvious he doesn't want to leave Brighton, and is realistic that he has to move on.
I remember Eric Cantona coming out with similar like minded philosophy, most people accepted this :)

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I wonder why you think it has been written by a third party? Is it because it is well written?

Not in the slightest.

If I was writing it as Tomer I would have said ''I lost my place to Glenn Murray'' or ''Glenn Murray came in and replaced me while I was suspended'' - In contrast the writer said ''another player took my place''

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not in the slightest.

If I was writing it as Tomer I would have said ''I lost my place to Glenn Murray'' or ''Glenn Murray came in and replaced me while I was suspended'' - In contrast the writer said ''another player took my place''

I think the opposite. He is being respectful to Glenn by not naming him.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not in the slightest.

But it's been translated, so we can't see exactly what he wrote.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
But it's been translated, so we can't see exactly what he wrote.

True but I can only comment on what I read - I don't want to expand on my comment. As I said. I like Tomer and he was my favourite player after Jamie. It was an observation that's all

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Nothing about earning over £1m a year to ease the pain?

Rubbish.

Footballers want to play. To succeed. He's frustrated. It's understandable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here