Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leicester v Southampton

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
That is far from certain.
Today's game was harder on paper than against Bournemouth or Swansea though.
Well obviously I hope we get more, but we might not.
If we lose 4 while they win 2, draw 1, and lose 1, the GD won't stay the same will it! They'd probably pass us.

Listening to talksport it sounds like saints will be lucky to get more than a couple more points based on tonights dire, lackluster performance. No fight, no confidence. They will not get 2 wins and a draw from their last 4 games

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The Bournemouth game may prove tricky, local derby.
Agreed.
The Swansea one is a relegation battle for both teams.
Agreed again. Neither game will be easy for SCC, but winning both isn't that unlikely.

Southampton and Stoke will probably both finish with less than 36 points. We probably have enough. But I'd like a bit more than 'probably' please.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The Saints didn't win, and that'll do for me.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Agreed.
Agreed again. Neither game will be easy for SCC, but winning both isn't that unlikely.

Southampton and Stoke will probably both finish with less than 36 points. We probably have enough. But I'd like a bit more than 'probably' please.

We are now 16/1 WHU 22/1

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
It's getting interesting. Bournemouth could now be the team who make the difference, as they play at Southampton and at home to Swansea (have I mentioned that I've always been a huge Eddie Howe fan?)

I suppose the Chelsea result suggests that they haven't quite given up on fourth place yet, which is a positive as they still have to go to Swansea. We need Burnley to rebound at Stoke on Sunday, perhaps while picking up some injuries or suspensions for the following week.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Zero points would have been better but it makes their position a lot harder. I think Bournemouth will want to win .

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
If the GD remains the same, they willl stay beneath us based on 2 wins and 1 draw.

If we lose our 4 remaining games then at the very least they’ll all be by 1 goal which then moves our GD to -19 at best (but likely to be greater where the City & Liverpool games are concerned !). So if they win 2 games their GD will better ours. GD is unlikely to work in our favour where Stains are concerned.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
If we lose our 4 remaining games then at the very least they’ll all be by 1 goal which then moves our GD to -19 at best (but likely to be greater where the City & Liverpool games are concerned !). So if they win 2 games their GD will better ours. GD is unlikely to work in our favour where Stains are concerned.

Don’t worry. We are safe.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If we lose 4 while they win 2, draw 1, and lose 1, the GD won't stay the same will it! They'd probably pass us.

If we lose all four and Southampton win 2, draw 1 and lose 1 AND if all those results are by a single goal either way, we'd be level on GD (both teams on -19).

It's so tight!

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Agreed.

18/1 now

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Forget about winning the games, Saints have quite a leaky defence. They've let more goals in than West Brom.

Conceding on average over 1.5 goals a game, they'd probably have to score at least 2 in 2-3 games.

They didn't score any league goals during the whole of March and none tonight.

We're staying up.

Jim in the West

NSC Patreon
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Looking at Swansea’s run in, they could easily lose all their remaining games.

Indeed - we're focusing on what happens if Southampton win two and draw one or two of their last four. They will almost certainly lose their last game (v Man City), which means it's highly likely one of the two wins people are worried about will come against Swansea. And Swansea play Man City and Chelsea next. So it's quite possible that Swansea could go into their last game still 3 points adrift of us (even if we don't get another point). It would then be all down to GD....

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Looking at Swansea’s run in, they could easily lose all their remaining games.

This, makes me laugh that a lot on here think it's either us or Southampton.

Swansea, Udders, and , yes I know its unlikely,but, West Ham and Palace are still in the mix. It's going to be the most unbelievable end ever, if we're the one of the teams that get relegated.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
:shootself:

But the goal difference won't be the same because the Albion would have had to lose.

Yes - If we lose all 4 by one goal, we're on -19. If they win two and lose one by the odd goal (and draw the other) then they're also on -19, but have scored one more at the moment. So, it could all come down to goals scored. [edit - I see two posters have been a bit quicker than me....]

But I don't think it will.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If we lose all four and Southampton win 2, draw 1 and lose 1 AND if all those results are by a single goal either way, we'd be level on GD (both teams on -19).

It's so tight!
And they'd be above us on goals scored. And the chances are that one or more of the 4 losses for us and 2 wins for them 2 would be by more than one goal. If we finish on the same points, it's almost certain they would be above us.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here