Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton And Hove Albion Plotting A Move For 23 Y/O League One Midfielder.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I would be happy if we signed him as competition for Gross and could perhaps offer Hemed and/or Baldock in part ex. That would suit both clubs.

I still struggle with the fact that Baldock is contracted to June 2020. After that long history of injuries to get that 3 year extension was pretty generous by the club.

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
My guess is Walton will be no 2 next season. Krul, I believe is only on a 12 month contract
They will probably want Walton as part exhange if they do I hope we have a good sign on fee if they then sell him later.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Pretty sure I heard the commentators say during their game on Sunday that he told the club not to accept offers for him in January. Seems a slightly odd request.
It means that he will get a bigger sign on fee in the summer, wider choice of clubs - some wouldn't pay what Wigan wanted if he's available free in the summer. If he told them he'd stay 100% focused and fight for promotion everyone's a winner.

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
A couple of reservations on this one: principally that he appears quite injury prone, and secondly because I wonder if he might be a bit of a professional northerner, who struggles when he has to come too far south.

Not sure whether either are justified, but it's just a gut feeling.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I can see him taking Hemed's place in the squad, AND he'll count as one of the minimum 8 homegrown players. Me likey.

Just a pedantic note, there is not a minimum of 8 homegrowns required, unless you name a 25 man squad. You can't have more than 17 non homegrown players in any squad, Man city have only 4 HGP's but have only named 18 players in total, Chelsea have named 4 HGP's in a 21 man squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here