Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Surely we should sell Coventry some more FA Cup tickets ?

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
I know I may be alone, but I am staggered by the apathy of our support (and yes other clubs) to the FA Cup.

This is a chance to reach the quarter finals of the FA Cup and we are suggesting we give more tickets to the away fans because we can't sell ours.

What is wrong with you lot? I was gobsmacked by the non-attendance for Palace but at least there was some excuse with it being Monday night and on telly. This is Saturday 3pm, no excuses, cheaper prices, we should be selling this out.

I think Sky have got an awful lot to answer for. Their lack of coverage on FA cup days is astonishing, in fact you could even call it a nearly total lack of acknowledgement that the FA cup competition even exists. Ignore it for long enough, and hopefully it will go away seems to be their mantra. I love the FA cup, it would be a tragedy if it was allowed to die.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
If things were the other way around this Board would be screaming for more tickets.

Why not open ESU for Cov and WSU for home fans? Probably sell out and have a great atmosphere. If we cant beat a L2 side, huge support or not, we don't deserve to make the QFs.

PG

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I think Sky have got an awful lot to answer for. Their lack of coverage on FA cup days is astonishing, in fact you could even call it a nearly total lack of acknowledgement that the FA cup competition even exists. Ignore it for long enough, and hopefully it will go away seems to be their mantra. I love the FA cup, it would be a tragedy if it was allowed to die.

Sky have no rights to the FA cup at all, apart from the results and talking about matches on soccer saturday, they can't talk about it much more than that.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
Apparently, Coventry's second biggest Ricoh crowd was 31000 or so for a Checkatrade area final a few years' ago and they took more than that to Wembley for the final last season. However, home gates are usually around 7-8k as many don't want to fund SISU (rightly)

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I wouldn't particularly want them in an upper tier above me. I'm sure they are all well behaved, but I don't want half a pie landing on my head.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I know I may be alone, but I am staggered by the apathy of our support (and yes other clubs) to the FA Cup.

Watching Swansea vs Notts County last night on the TV and the crowd was abysmal. Think there were more fans at the Dulwich Hamlet vs Worthing match I went to last season!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
If things were the other way around this Board would be screaming for more tickets.

Why not open ESU for Cov and WSU for home fans? Probably sell out and have a great atmosphere. If we cant beat a L2 side, huge support or not, we don't deserve to make the QFs.

PG

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

That's my thinking, give them the East Upper. It's more money for the club.

I don't buy the they've had trouble argument, we've given them 4.5k already, is another 3k really going to make a massive difference?

Or just make it general sale in the East Upper to essentially make it a neutral area, works fine at Fulham, has worked fine when I've been to games abroad.

Just seems daft to have thousands of empty seats when they could be sold.

And bugger the atmosphere argument two. 1 it'll raise our fans to compete with them. 2 a good atmosphere is good and 3 we should be good enough to beat them regardless, would be a daft excuse to say we lost because the away fans were really loud. It's Premier League vs League 2, if we go out we only have ourselves to blame.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

I agree BUT, the BBC are all over it. Even showing Swansea v Notts County live for goodness sakes. The big clubs appear to be taking it a lot more seriously than they perhaps did at one time, and the prices are cheaper than for Premier League football. I'm really not sure what there is not to like.

I fear that the supporter base has changed so much that the Premier League snobbery is simply the problem. Sad, very sad.

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
The team we put out v Middlesborough was not that fringe. And why judge it like that? In many respects it will be more fun than Brighton v Premier League team which we sell out week in week out.

It's just football snobbery. I thought we were better than that.

Not that fringe???? Only ten changes for the next match!!!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Not that fringe???? Only ten changes for the next match!!!

Still a good quality of player though. Squad depth is decent. There were no rubbish players on view. Murray getting the winner at Middlesborough and against Palace has been two of my highlights of the season.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Sky have no rights to the FA cup at all, apart from the results and talking about matches on soccer saturday, they can't talk about it much more than that.

I didn’t know that, but it would explain why they never seem to have any moving footage of the action and just use stills. It does seem odd, when the BBC on the other hand can show coverage of all the PL games on MOTD. I’ve no idea how the TV contracts are worked out, but it surely can’t be doing anyone who wants the FA cup to thrive any favours, particularly when for so many people Sky Sports is their first choice sports channel. Surely just a few highlights to pique people’s interest so that they then want to watch the games? Or is it, indeed, all part of Sky’s abominable masterplan?

el punal

This is a chance to reach the quarter finals of the FA Cup and we are suggesting we give more tickets to the away fans because we can't sell ours.

What is wrong with you lot? I was gobsmacked by the non-attendance for Palace but at least there was some excuse with it being Monday night and on telly. This is Saturday 3pm, no excuses, cheaper prices, we should be selling this out.

There are still ten days to go. The Cup, unfortunately, is not what is used to be - blame whoever you like on that one. We are a Premier League club playing a League 2 side so therefore not a huge attraction. Many of us are now doing all Albion matches both home and away, so this game would be an added expense to an already expensive venture. If we're successful on this tie we still have the 5th round to deal with, let alone making the 6th round. All excuses I know, but in most Albion's fans eyes the FA Cup is of secondary importance to the Premier League. For a lower League club the reverse is true - this is their big game of the season, a money spinner, a chance of glory, a grand day out. Think of the Albion match against Villa in 2010 we took 7,000 - then, that was our big game of the season. I'm afraid now the boot is on the other foot, shame but that's the way it is.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
There are still ten days to go. The Cup, unfortunately, is not what is used to be - blame whoever you like on that one. We are a Premier League club playing a League 2 side so therefore not a huge attraction. Many of us are now doing all Albion matches both home and away, so this game would be an added expense to an already expensive venture. If we're successful on this tie we still have the 5th round to deal with, let alone making the 6th round. All excuses I know, but in most Albion's fans eyes the FA Cup is of secondary importance to the Premier League. For a lower League club the reverse is true - this is their big game of the season, a money spinner, a chance of glory, a grand day out. Think of the Albion match against Villa in 2010 we took 7,000 - then, that was our big game of the season. I'm afraid now the boot is on the other foot, shame but that's the way it is.

Eh, this is the 5th round. If we win we are in the Quarter Finals.

el punal

My mistake!!! I forgot we beat Middlesbrough in the 4th round! :blush: punish:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

This with absolute bells on.

Come on people, this is the FA Cup for God's sake!

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Eh, this is the 5th round. If we win we are in the Quarter Finals.

Exactly. Although perhaps having those of us that actually give a shit closer together (all in lower tier) will up the atmosphere.
Coventry are going to make a hell of a lot of noise.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
This with absolute bells on.

Come on people, this is the FA Cup for God's sake!

The fact that some are pleading with the club to give Cov more tickets says it all. If we win this game it will be our best cup run for 32 f'ing years

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here