Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed Injured - BBC

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Hemed hasn't had the best start but he's had almost no support from wide or behind. Against City we played 4-5-------------------------1, he didn't play against Leicester but looked sharper when he came on, and we didn't create as many chances as we should have against Watford.

I don't think we can judge our strikers too harshly until we start getting closer to them and giving them actual chances. Hemed and Murray are nowhere near as toilet as some on here would suggest.

You don't seem to understand that everything is either BLACK or WHITE! Everything is absolute! Extreme! You're either cr@p or God's gift to football.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Frankly this is good news, he is dross and it'll force CH to do something creative with our attackers which I'd much prefer to spending half a season watching Hemed futilely chase balls he has no chance of doing anything with.

Troll go away

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Oh no.....

No one told me Hamed is the only person in the whole world who could take penalties, just how do other teams throughout the world cope...
He's not.

But he has a particular talent for scoring them compared to some of our other players over the years.

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
If there was a game for this to happen this may be it.

West Brom are known for their height and bullishness, don't fancy Hemed or Murray winning much against the likes of McAuley etc anyway. Get the Jose, AK and Solly running rings round them instead.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Weekly poll, who are we going to have upfront this week, everyone has to do one week even our two spare keepers, could be fun!

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
^ And don't concede any corners... otherwise Dunk and Duffy are marking three players each..

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Personally think something quite exciting can come out of this on Saturday, a formation and a team sheet forced by injuries(and no striker in the window) leaving us probably playing our game of the season and producing an unexpected victory
[MENTION=307]Biscuit[/MENTION] has already posted the sort of line up capable of a quality performance

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
200w.gif

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Frankly this is good news, he is dross and it'll force CH to do something creative with our attackers which I'd much prefer to spending half a season watching Hemed futilely chase balls he has no chance of doing anything with.

don't agree Hemed is dross, but I definitely see this as an opportunity to try something different, with more pace.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
..................... Ryan ......................

Bruno ... Duffy ... Dunk ... Suttner

....... Stephens ..... Sidwell .........

Knockaert .... Propper .... March

.................. Izquierdo ................

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Correct. Especially Tilley.

For me, against a WBA team that lack pace.. presuming no Hemed or Murray available.

------------------------- Ryan------------------------
Bruno--------- Dunk-------Duffy-------Suttner
---------------Stephens -----Sidwell------------
-----------------------------Propper-------------------
Knockeart----------Izquerdo-------------March

We'd get hammered of course, but it might be fun for five minutes.

Totally this.Pace and the ability to beat a man and get inside the area is the best way to beat them anyway, so this will force to try and play that way. Hemed against their defence? they would have eaten him alive in a physical battle.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
playing wingers up front rarely works as those players are used to operating in relative space of the wide positions, rather than more congested center and dealing with aerial balls. half a forward's game is simply positioning and movement to push back defense or keep them from being too settled. those three would come too deep, and out wide to receive the ball, and the opposition would push up too easily. be better to bring in DS forward, not least for the youthful exuberance they'd hopefully bring.

I know what you're saying but I honestly think in March we have a rare talent who has the technical ability and brain to be able to play that 'false 9', or whatever position you want to call it, really well. As said above I do think it is the type of attack West Brom's brute defenders might struggle a little more with.

I'm also surprised how many fans think pushing Propper forward is the answer based on one game against Bulgaria. According to Hans Kraay who has seen him a lot more than we have, he is better in a deeper role and I think he has gradually looked better in each game he has played for us so it seems silly to move him. Oliver Norwood looked quality last night against the Czech Republic so I really don't think we should be forming an opinion based on one game against very average international opposition.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If there was a game for this to happen this may be it.

West Brom are known for their height and bullishness, don't fancy Hemed or Murray winning much against the likes of McAuley etc anyway. Get the Jose, AK and Solly running rings round them instead.

Totally agree. We may 'accidentally' discover a formation / style that works for us in the Premier League. Lots of Pace!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Very clearly set out my reasoning in my first post on the thread. :dunce:

If you don't want Hemed in the starting XI you want the manager to make that call, not an injury to a vital position we're already suffering injuries in.

By all means be positive about the alternatives, being being happy one of our players is injured really is the :dunce: here.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Correct. Especially Tilley.

For me, against a WBA team that lack pace.. presuming no Hemed or Murray available.

------------------------- Ryan------------------------
Bruno--------- Dunk-------Duffy-------Suttner
---------------Stephens -----Sidwell------------
-----------------------------Propper-------------------
Knockeart----------Izquerdo-------------March

We'd get hammered of course, but it might be fun for five minutes.
Great when we have the ball, but that looks like a tough ask for our fullbacks with little protection. Irrelevant anyway, Hughton doesn't operate like that it'll be the same 4-4-1-1 formation with either a half fit Murray or Hemed up front or if they're too injured then Jamie Murphy.

I'd rather your team though!

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Because we don't have a goalscorer we are overly reliant on?

Other players are allowed to score.

England won last night and their main striker didn't score
Holland won and even allowed Propper to score 2
Wales won and let a 17 year old midfielder score.

I find it baffling that people who watch a LOT of football forget that a lot of goals don't come from one bloke up front.

I've churned this out many times on here but people like Soton, West Brom, West Ham, Stoke, Burnley all had their TOP scorers with 9 goals or less last season. That's a 1in4 goal ratio.

Sunderland had a goal threat with 14 or 15.....and went down.

The doom and gloom is staggering. We have built a good squad with exciting attacking players either side of whoever is the striker.

And let's not act like Murray or Hemed are USELSS. That's ridiculous.

Mate, i don't think you understand, it's impossible to win without strikers:dunce:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
That very much reads as "touch and go" would suggest it's not serious.

Steve Sidwell up front it is then. I'd love that. He loves a flurry forward.

He strikes from the half way line.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here